As the title says, is it possible? I could lay out a long list of reasons that body weight training is the more realistic medium for me, but suffice it to say that I don't have easy access to a gym. That said, any way to put on a lot of muscle mass using body weight movements?

I know what some of you are going to say, so let's get that out of the way. I know big muscles wouldn't have served Grok. I know big muscles don't necessarily make you fitter or more functional. I want to start looking at getting big muscles because I want to - simply for my own perception of cool. I don't have to hunt my food, I don't work a physical job, and I don't foresee either of those situations changing in the near (or distant) future. I have tremendous respect for those of you who hold those principles, but I think I may want to do something different for myself.

Okay. Any suggestions? I'm thinking that a bodybuilder type gym workout would be the most efficient way to get that big build, but, as I alluded to, I live a long way from a gym and have to travel a lot; a gym membership would be difficult for me to swing simply from a logistics standpoint? I've read "Convict Conditioning," but the author suggests that th eprogram is for strength and really doesn't build it around size? Could that program be modified to meet those goals? Another bodyweight program?

If this is impossible, I'm sort of already resigned to that, but I guess I need to hear it.

Sorry if this post is scatter brained, but it's late and I'm tired. Thanks in advance for any help...and I did search but came up dry, sorry if already answered in another thread. Thanks again!