Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My own accountability journal. page

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member

My own accountability journal.

Primal Fuel
    So, here it goes.

Ive already controlled a recently acquired IBS, by cutting almost all grains.
    Now i want more. Semi primal and IBS control is not an excuse anymore.
    im starting a thread on my own to post my daily menu, evaluate, and either celebrate or take some actions.

Good steps forward: tis summertime, and still it has been almost 3 weeks that i havent bought stone fruit. I only eat a couple of dark choc squares per serving. I only have a single orange and a cantaloupe still lurking around.

Will consume leftovers then reevaluate before going grocery shopping.

Another accomplishment: the only dairy i have is heavy cream and a little goats cheese, no more cottage cheese, no more yogurt.

Will also reevaluate before buying again! Only if gut requires a little good bacteria, although constipation is not an issue if veggie intake is high enough.

New goals: no more heavy cream! since i have almost no indulgences (dark choc isnt as appealing as it used to be), i usually turn to espresso+cream, sometimes one splash, sometimes much more.

Will reevaluate before buying again!!

Must keep stock: dark choc (not a threat anymore since i no longer overeat, only a couple of squares), bacon, eggs, leafy greens, two or three types of vegs. Must keep around only one type of fruit.

Must evaluate right (for me) carb intake. This past few days i realized that with veggie intake, comes carb intake, and the 50g per day makr is largely surpassed. I rather go near the 100g per day mark, than restricting good veggies. Will post conclusions.

Measurements have gone up, surely due to lack of discipline. Too many cheats. Not acceptable anymore.

Ill try and post daily (im cancelling my cable subscription, Tv addiction must stop!).

With respect to excercise: Must increase more frequent slow cardio workouts. Home pushups, 20min or so walk and small weight lifting is no longer enough.

Train willpower, stay disciplined... Despite all of this: MUST Have fun!! See the world, sweat a bit, get dirty.

PS.- Having fun also means to go out with friends and if primal is too difficult given the social environment, then splurge and the next day immediately go back on track!
    Last edited by U2sandrah; 12-16-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by U2sandrah View Post
    So, here it goes.
    Ive already controlled a recently acquired IBS, by cutting almost all grains.
    Now i want more. Semi primal and IBS control is not an excuse anymore.
    im starting a thread on my own to post my daily menu, evaluate, and either celebrate or take some actions.

Good steps forward: tis summertime, and still it has been almost 3 weeks that i havent bought stone fruit. I only eat a couple of dark choc squares per serving. I only have a single orange and a cantaloupe still lurking around.

Will consume, then reevaluate after going grocery shopping.

Another accomplishment: the only dairy i have is heavy cream and a little goats cheese, no more cottage cheese, no more yogurt.

Will also reevaluate before buying again!

New goals: no more heavy cream! since i have almost no indulgences (dark choc isnt as appealing as it used to be), i usually turn to espresso+cream, sometimes one splash, sometimes much more.

Will reevaluate before buying again!!

Must keep stock: dark choc (not a threat anymore since i no longer overeat, only a couple of squares), bacon, eggs, leafy greens, two or three types of vegs. Must keep around only one type of fruit.

Must evaluate right (for me) carb intake. Will post conclusions.

Measurements have gone up, surely due to lack of discipline. Too many cheats. Not acceptable anymore.

Ill try and post daily (im cancelling my internet subscription, Tv addiction must stop!).

With respect to excercise: Must increase more frequent slow cardio workouts. Home pushups and small weight not enough.

Train willpower, stay disciplined... Despite all of this: MUST Have fun!! See the world, sweat a bit, get dirty.
    sounds awesome
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Thanks Louisa!

I also forgot: since one month now, i have cut way back on nuts! they were not helping my IBS cure and they were way too easy to over eat!

Looking back, it seems that i do have some accomplishments to celebrate! Will celebrate when i see the scale budging on my favor!

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm glad primal is going well for you!
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Thanks for the encouragement Hedonist!

Today was an unexpected semi-fasting day. I got to work kinda late since I had some errands to run (I walked a LOT today, maybe more than 45mins).

Breakfast: Coffee and cream (three tbsp, maybe four).
    Lunch: 2 dark choc squares and a handful of hazelnuts.
    Midafternoon: (meaning right now) Coffee and cream (just one tbsp). Still studying!
    Dinner: In a couple of hours: Leftover chicken fajitas wrapped in lettuce. One orange.

Hope to continue the semifast tomorrow! Will keep some chicken for tomorrow breakfast.

By the way, must consume and NOT buy again:

.- Leftover heavy cream, still have approximately half a cup left. Only until better measurements turn up. Later on will reevaluate cream presence in my menu, since its a good filler that keeps me fueled (like today, almost 14hrs going with only a heavy cafe creme).

.- Leftover goat's cheese, still have approximately a pack of 150g left.

Cool! Nothing else to purge out of my fridge! This is advancement!

Hey! With my 100th post I graduated to Senior Member!

Study session finished. A bit hungry but also very tired, so Ill go to bed.

So today, I finished way under 1000 calories and way under 50g carbs. So, skipping lunch, but having a filling breakfast is a good way to cut back on everything. Let's see how sustainable this is. I'll post conclusions soon.

So today I slightly fell off the wagon, but I am willing to forgive myself, I do know why I caved in (anxiety) so I'll correct for next time. Overall my day went like this:

Breakfast: Leftover chicken, grilled peppers/onions.

Lunch: Salad mixed with a little rice (was not gonna separate grain by grain! so it all went in), a hunk of grilled liver, and the wagon fell was: had a little dessert that set me back like 300 cals and over 80g of sugar.

Midafternoon: (meaning now) cafe creme.

Dinner: Zucchini "pappardelle" with pesto sauce. Im really looking forward to this. Dessert: one orange.

Study snack: Water (i edited the protein shake, since i am not hungry anymore after the zucchini yay!).

Actually doesnt look THAT bad, except for the dessert thing. I havent logged in MFP, but will do in a study break in a few minutes.

I realized just now that a filling breakfast actually shows reduced hunger results in the rest of the day... But still finding my groove...
    Last edited by U2sandrah; 12-18-2012 at 05:00 PM.

I kinda figured out why I snack on sweet junk during work hours:
    .- before or after stressful meetings.
    .- during boring-ass meetings!

The fact that sweet products (remember I work at an icecream factory) are layed on the table at each damned meeting, is NOT an excuse anymore.

So Im planning to change my strategy: I will refill my coffee mug several times during meetings (gonna go pee a lot also, haha, but that comes with the territory). So if I havent refilled my mug = danger on snacking!

Ill mantra this phrase during the next few days.

PS.- The zucchini papardelle with pesto were fantastic!!! Gonna repeat that recipe for sure.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Glad to say that: Today very much on track!

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, one small avocado.
    Lunch: Lettuce salad, two small canneloni (yeah i know, shouldnt have) stuffed with spinach, and a side of turkey.
    Mid afternoon:2 squares of dark choc and 5 hazelnuts.
    All day: coffee.
    Dinner: Protein strawberry shake and espresso (tomorrow is final exam!! fffffffinally). Let's see if a bit later tonite i get the study munchies, for which I am planning a crudité salad (sliced watermelon, crumbled goats cheese, cherry tomatoes and baby carrots).

Ok, so the canneloni were the "shouldnt have" for the day, however, Ive hunger pretty under control and cruising nicely all day. Not so bad!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast