Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My own accountability journal. page 2

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ok, im back! I went radio silent for a few weeks, due to holidays and a trip.

I made up my mind to just relax and enjoy the holidays without stressing much on the whole puzzle on "how the hell to avoid all the festive food that mum and dad are shoving in my face??", therefore some serious derailing came with that enjoyment. I can actually feel that a few pounds were added and my gut is not very happy with the inevitable wheat intake.

The good side is that I am completely motivated to get back on track, lose the weight (and then some) and recover completely.

Today I did a 14 hr fast, had just half my serving of airplane food (that included a small portion of sugary dessert), and for the next 8hrs, had nothing but two dark choc squares and a protein strawberry shake. Im not sure what the caloric count was, but im pretty sure i stayed in the good range for today despite the sugary mini break.

Tomorrow and hence forth Im determined to make it fully Primal! No more holiday cheats, no more family gatherings, no more sugary stuff! I still have a few days of alone time left before going back to work, and since I am moving to another apartment (therefore, extremely busy with little time to eat, so Ill go for 14hrs fasts for the next 3-4 days), I took advantage of the situation and minimized all food reserves, having now a blank slate to start over.

I am completely determined!!!!

So Ive done in the past 4 days, half of them with 14hr fasts, meaning: from 10pm to 12m-ish. My goal is to keep this up for the next couple of weeks. The rest of the time Im on a 70-30 compliance ratio, Im taking it slow, since cold turkey doesnt really work for me. In addition of the 14hr fasts, in two weeks Ill take it up a notch to aim for a 80-20 compliance ratio.

My cheats have beem mostly sudden sugar cravings or social events. I know that the sudden cravings wil dissappear as soon as I get back on track, the social events however... Ill have to work hard on those. When Im alone, carbs are not an issue, meaning that I am living surrounded by bread and CW of all kinds, but i manage not to overeat, just a bite or two to quench the cravings. Friend's gatherings, work dinners, etc, are real tough to avoid, with all the canapes, the alcohol, and just overboard with calories. Not necessarily with grains, since I go for the most Primal treats, the excess calories are the issue.

Gotta take it one step at a time, keep up the 14hr fasts, get to the gym at least 4 times a week, so eliminating the cravings and then Ill set up the next goal.
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Forgot to add: my fridge and pantry has the following: free range eggs, blueberries, strawberries, plain greek yogurt, gouda cheese, beef, leafy greens, broccoli, lemons (to dress the greens) and butter. In pantry: olive oil, spices, pistachios, dark choc and coffee.
    Im actually proud of my very-Primal fridge and pantry.

OK, so ive been MIA again, but the reason is that i moved to another country to work and live! So the whole transfer and goodbye dinner parties and parents visiting and more dinner parties, boy did i fell off the wagon!
    However, now living across the ocean, in a completely different culture and idiosincrasies, i find myself going back to basics and somehow having a Primal mindset. I still have to move to a permanent apartment, for the time being, I have in my tiny little fridge the following: dark choc, sour cream, pears, radishes, cucumber, zucchini, tomatoes, potatoes, bratwurst (so now you can imagine where i am living), beer and wine (a girl needs its relaxing mode!), a bag of dried apricots, 4 little cups of yogurt (a girl needs its calcium!), honey, freerange eggs and organic butter.
    Seems that going organic is pretty simple around here!
    I even went for lunch with a friend and managed to avoid all the damned baked goods and the Brot with my Wurst. So im guessing im on the right track. As soon as i get a new mobile phone, Ill download again MFP and start tracking and see how all this "basic" food comes together.
    As for primal excercise I walked for over 3 hrs just touring the town. Tomorrow ill go for another walk and try to go even farther without getting lost! And since everything will be closed tomorrow then all the semiprimal pantry is what ive got to eat.
    Will post again tomorrow.

For some reason, in more than 16hrs I havent eaten more than a handful of nuts, a little slice of salami, coffee and orange juice. Wont force-eat myself, will do that until i really feel physiologically hungry again.

Since health has not been at 100% today, I just vegged around.
    No real hunger until 7pm, where I had 3 fried eggs and 6 slices of salami. Cold really hit hard a couple of hours ago and had a bowl of chicken soup (unfortunately, commercial soup).
    I know this still needs to get primalized (i had absolutely no veg today), just taking it step by step, considering that 1 week ago i was feasting on chips/bread/rich desserts, etc. And basically having alcohol every goodbye dinner!
    Next up, will kick off the juices and up the veggies.

An excellent day personal wise, not a good day carb wise... over the 150g mark.
    So tomorrow Ill cut the lunch cantine dessert and easy on the dry apricots (never will buy those again). Ill have a square of dark choc instead.
    I must stock on heavy cream and dark choc, some kind of meat and aged cheese.
    Lets see if tomorrow i leave work early enough to go on time to the supermarkt.

So today I managed to cut the cantine dessert but...
    Damn...
    Couldnt resist the bakery I passed by at the exact moment the warm kuchen was taken out of the oven...
    So, today I really fell off the wagon, tomorrow Ill work on it.
    I am really regretting this, I was on the right track and now I break down.
    So Ill focus again tomorrow.
    Will post again.

Ok so today was a much better day!
    No breakfast but coffee and a square of dark choc.
    Cantine dessert cut off, having a slice of turkey, leafy salad and a bowl of soup instead.
    An apple.
    A spanish omelette, leafy salad and half a portion of kuchen leftover from yesterday.
    A big glass of wine.
    88g total carbs today. Not so bad. Ill keep this coming!

(yesterday was over 200g).

Ok, so yesteday I had a work meeting and was served croissants and german pretzels... damn, had a couple of those. Then at lunch a handful of turkish rice was served with the kebap, the rest was salad and nothing sweet for miles, so after that, I have been very well behaved. Except for the glass of red wine to wind down the evening.

Today I went for the farmers market of the town, I loooooved it! nothing but local produce and grass fed animals and free range eggs. Cool! Got my cream, cheese, eggs, olives, sausages, pork chops, spices, veggies and fruit. Walked for over an hour. Now I have nothing but that food in my fridge and pantry.

I plan to go for another walk later today if the weather so permits.

I gotta work on a weekday plan to avoid baked goods, i seem to get around just fine when Im not around that stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast