Thread: feeling weak? page

girlhk is offline Senior Member

feeling weak?

Shop Now
    I've been experimenting with eating low-carb. It's helped me a lot in the past in regaining fertility (had PCOS, couldn't conceive). For awhile I was consuming around 75-100g/day. For the past couple months, I think I may be around 50g/day, mostly from root veggies, dairy, rice. Occasionally legumes, but that was the biggest elimination that resulted in the lower carb intake. I felt great for most of the past 2 months.

This past week though, something changed. I started to feel weaker and sometimes nauseated, get leg cramps occasionally in the mornings. I used to walk 1-2 hours carrying my 20+lb toddler. Now, well, I just don't feel like it. I'm not craving anything though, eat my meals as usual, don't feel hungry between meals, don't snack. Mood-wise, feel pretty good. My body just feels like it doesn't want to do things that involve too much strength.

On days where I increased intake of starch or sugar, I feel slight headache and heart beats faster.

I am more stressed lately though, since getting busier with work and some other transitions.

I'm also still nursing my 18 month old. But she's been eating more solids, and my lower-carb diet has never affected my milk supply thus far.

Just wondering what could be going on?

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    The additional stress is likely to blame. You could try upping carbs a bit while you sort out the stressful stuff and then when things fall into a better place you could resume the low(er) carb levels.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    I increased carb intake the day after, had starchy veggies mixed with coconut and rice pancake, felt awesome the day after. Bought a ton of groceries, walked home from the market (about 1km), and enjoyed it! (this would be my lifting heavy things...)