Thread: Anyone know what a veal light is? page

Kata is offline Senior Member

Anyone know what a veal light is?

I was flipping through a Hungarian cookbook from 1963, trying to find a new way to cook chicken livers, when I came upon a recipe that refers to a veal part called the light, but the recipe asks for the lungs and heart. Is the lung also called the light? Or is it a combination of the two parts, or maybe the term for any combination of organs? I'm just guessing here. If anyone speaks offal, I'd appreciate some clarification.
    Thanks!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    From here: "veal lights?"

Scroll down to the post by hondablonde, and she posts that they are lungs.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Veal lights are the things that go out in the eyes of calfs when you send them to the slaughterhouse. And I say that sadistically, not guilt-trippingly.
    Because at 3 in the morning I'm evil. I start enjoying the thought of destroying townfulls of people. And apparently I monologue too.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    From here: "veal lights?"

Scroll down to the post by hondablonde, and she posts that they are lungs.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    Veal lights are the things that go out in the eyes of calfs when you send them to the slaughterhouse. And I say that sadistically, not guilt-trippingly.
    Because at 3 in the morning I'm evil. I start enjoying the thought of destroying townfulls of people. And apparently I monologue too.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one that does this at 3am.