Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: costco olive oil help? page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

costco olive oil help?

Shop Now
    I stumbled upon this brand of olive oil at Costco -- has anyone used it before? It's called "Cullen Creek" olive oil.

Cullen Creek Olive Oil
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    No, but Kirkland Olive Oil was actually one of the ones that when tested was real olive oil. Some others are adulterated with lesser oils like peanut and canola.

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    No, but Kirkland Olive Oil was actually one of the ones that when tested was real olive oil. Some others are adulterated with lesser oils like peanut and canola.
    Can we assume if an olive oil contains these other oils that they will be listed in the ingredients? I've heard this claim before about lesser oils being used in cheaper olive oil brands so I checked our bottles at home and they appear to be pure olive oil. Thing is we bought them at Wally Mart which isn't exactly known for fine cuisine! We do buy the more expensive named brands though so I'm hoping they are pure O.O.

No, I'll try to find the link. And purchasing from Italy isn't a guarantee either, which freaked me out. Apparently their standards for the (mostly) olive oil they export are as lax as our standards for what we allow to be labelled as olive oil. I'm off to google to see if I can find the link. I do remember Kirkland and the California Olive Company as being two safe ones.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Noni56 is offline Junior Member
    California Olive Ranch is great. If the olive oil says it was made in California or Oregon, it's probably real and it's easy to look up the farms it comes from. There's a lot of good olive country out here. The olive oil from Redridge Farms looks pretty tasty <3

At any rate, you'll probably have better luck looking at domestic brands versus imported.

shep68 is offline Senior Member
    Well, Kirkland it is then. Thx.

hernadorico is offline Banned
    I do remember Kirkland and the California Olive Company as being two safe ones.

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member
    I bought a bottle of California Olive Ranch oil a few weeks ago. The stuff is damn good. It has a sort of apply after taste that is amazing.

praetorian55 is offline Junior Member
    We have three varieties of Kirkland olive oil, wondering which one is the one everyone recommends:

Kirkland extra Virgin olive oil - Arbequina, made in Spain

Kirkland signature extra virgin olive oil in dark colored 2L bottle

Kirkland signature organic extra virgin olive oil, Filippo berio branded, 1.5L clear bottle

Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast