Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you ever your own Santa?

Hybrid View

Are you ever your own Santa?

Do you give yourself gifts during the holidays? I kind of accidentally started this for myself as a young woman one year when I bought myself a black cashmere sweater while I was shopping for my other gifts for others. I also heard something once that stated, "Give yourself a gift every day," and it's a philosophy I like.

This year, my list is pretty much kitchen, because after living here for a year and a half, I've decided that though I can create some pretty good things with my barebones set-up, I want to expand my repertoire a bit.

Deep fryer (yes frying is okay, I searched the blog)
    Good knives (and sharpener)
    Cast iron pan
    Immersion blender
    Pressure cooker (because I have the patience of a gnat and want to start getting serious about bone broths).

So, any other self-Santas out there?

i'm always my own santa. This year i'm upgrading my phone and get a vaccum.

Oh that sounds lovely... but no. LOL. I hate spending money on me, it's a bad habit and it drives my husband crazy. He keeps trying to buy me stuff for Christmas and I practically had to yell at him last night and say, "NO, I do not want that, stop it!" I'll treat myself about once a year with a professional (not the cheap cuts) cut/color/eyebrow thingy done.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

I buy myself stuff constantly, just now, Uggs slippers, Nordstroms, 33% off, yay

If I'm Christmas shopping and there is something nice for me, I'll buy it. I bought some shoes that were 1/2 off while shopping for my boyfriend. I had never seen these particular shoes in my size at any store (except online, but I didn't want to buy shoes online) and I've been wanting these shoes for a year or more so it was something I could not pass up.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

I confess that I bought a TomTom Club CD today while I was shopping for a Christmas present for my Dad.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Paleo-bunny I used to love the TomTom Club!

Sometimes. This year I spent quite a bit on my family, so I didn't get anything for myself, but after the holidays I'll probably spend some coin on me. Last year I picked up some things for myself while shopping for others.

Have you stopped lovin them urban forager?

I love Talking Heads and have only ever seen TomTom Club on the Stop Making Sense Video.

I equally adore David Byrne and Tina Weymouth.

I had to restrain myself from buying 2 TomTom Club CDs.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Have you stopped lovin them urban forager?

I love Talking Heads and have only ever seen TomTom Club on the Stop Making Sense Video.

I equally adore David Byrne and Tina Weymouth.

I had to restrain myself from buying 2 TomTom Club CDs.
    I still love them I just forgot about them I'm going to have to listen to them on you tube because I don't have any of their music. I think David Byrne is brilliant. I go through phases where I have to listen to Talking Heads, lately it's been Remain in Light.