Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you ever your own Santa? page

JoanieL is offline Senior Member

Are you ever your own Santa?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do you give yourself gifts during the holidays? I kind of accidentally started this for myself as a young woman one year when I bought myself a black cashmere sweater while I was shopping for my other gifts for others. I also heard something once that stated, "Give yourself a gift every day," and it's a philosophy I like.

This year, my list is pretty much kitchen, because after living here for a year and a half, I've decided that though I can create some pretty good things with my barebones set-up, I want to expand my repertoire a bit.

Deep fryer (yes frying is okay, I searched the blog)
    Good knives (and sharpener)
    Cast iron pan
    Immersion blender
    Pressure cooker (because I have the patience of a gnat and want to start getting serious about bone broths).

So, any other self-Santas out there?

phigment is online now Senior Member
    i'm always my own santa. This year i'm upgrading my phone and get a vaccum.

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Oh that sounds lovely... but no. LOL. I hate spending money on me, it's a bad habit and it drives my husband crazy. He keeps trying to buy me stuff for Christmas and I practically had to yell at him last night and say, "NO, I do not want that, stop it!" I'll treat myself about once a year with a professional (not the cheap cuts) cut/color/eyebrow thingy done.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I buy myself stuff constantly, just now, Uggs slippers, Nordstroms, 33% off, yay

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If I'm Christmas shopping and there is something nice for me, I'll buy it. I bought some shoes that were 1/2 off while shopping for my boyfriend. I had never seen these particular shoes in my size at any store (except online, but I didn't want to buy shoes online) and I've been wanting these shoes for a year or more so it was something I could not pass up.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I confess that I bought a TomTom Club CD today while I was shopping for a Christmas present for my Dad.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Paleo-bunny I used to love the TomTom Club!

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Sometimes. This year I spent quite a bit on my family, so I didn't get anything for myself, but after the holidays I'll probably spend some coin on me. Last year I picked up some things for myself while shopping for others.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Have you stopped lovin them urban forager?

I love Talking Heads and have only ever seen TomTom Club on the Stop Making Sense Video.

I equally adore David Byrne and Tina Weymouth.

I had to restrain myself from buying 2 TomTom Club CDs.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

trekfan is offline Senior Member
    I saw the title of the thread and immediately thought to myself "I used to have a bowl full of jelly, yes." LOL

As to the actual question, not usually, no. This year is the first year I've been on my own and I don't expect any presents from anyone else ... so I did by myself a small something. I don't know if I'll make it a yearly thing or not but it was nice. Still, I'm going to miss opening presents on Christmas day ... alas, growing old some things must go by the wayside.
    Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast