Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When making friends do you prefer quality or quantity? page

BestBetter is offline Senior Member

When making friends do you prefer quality or quantity?

Primal Fuel
    As I examine the people I've met, it seems like the majority of them focus on quantity (making many friends/acquaintances) without investing a lot of time and energy into most of them (seeing them less frequently, not bending over backwards to help them, etc...)

I prefer to have fewer friends, but for them to be of higher quality, meaning that I'm happy to invest more time and energy into helping them out, knowing that I can count on them in the future, if needed. As the years go on, I'm starting to feel like I'm in a dwindling minority.

Do you prefer to have more friends, but see them less often OR have fewer friends but see them more often?

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Quality. My hubby and sister were my only "friends" for years. Only this past year do I actually have girlfriends and I keep it that way. Two up north and my best friend is 2hrs away from me. We talk almost every day on the phone, and all 4 of us run an etsy store together. Love them to bits. I'm 26, it's about time I have some non-related friends LOL!
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Quality... whats the point of putting all that time & effort into a bunch of sub par friendships? better to put it into 1 or 2 really good relationships that will be their for you when you need it.

Oh and I hate Facebook and the "I have a million friends ive never actually met" mentality.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoHunter View Post
    Oh and I hate Facebook and the "I have a million friends ive never actually met" mentality.
    YES! If I don't actually *talk* to you, there is no reason for you to be on my friends list. It's not a game.
    Earthy Mama's Journal

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I go for quality.

i.e. people (or animals) with whom I feel a synergy, a mutual respect and will to gain or improve an understanding. And someone who I feel can teach me something wise. Another beautiful soul.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Both.

I'm a businessperson/entrepreneur by heart, and with that, I'd like to have access to a large network of people. Doesn't mean I have to be close to them; I just prefer to have all of them as friends, with resources I, or someone else in my network, can tap into.

Then I have a few really good friends with whom I can describe as "quality" friends. People who I can trust to slap me in the face when I need it, who I can enjoy my time with, and who I can be a support network with.

Crabbcakes is offline Senior Member
    Quality. I am still running around with the same small group of tried-and-true high school egghead buddies I had back then, and most of us even date from late elementary school and junior high. Some of us have married each other (I married a high school friend and my best friend married another junior high friend in this group), even.

Some of my family, I consider friends as well, (but most not) because it isn't given that just because you are related you automatically like, respect, and help each other.

If you aren't my friend, or my family, you are an acquaintance. An acqaintance of some familiarity, perhaps, but still an acquaintance.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I prefer low quantity, low quality. Yeah, that's not a typo.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Spot the introvert.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

phigment is offline Senior Member
    i perfer quality. Right now i would state that i'm friendless but do have a lot of aquaintances. It takes a lot for me to meet and trust people. I almost have panic attacks when people ask me to go out. I believe i'm introverted to an extreme and not sure how to change. My socializing skills are nonexsistant and small talk drives me insane.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast