Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: When making friends do you prefer quality or quantity? page 6

Tinathetaco is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I will be friends with anyone who doesn't mind a lot of politically incorrect statements and my sexual advances! I like to flirt with my female friends to drive my husband crazy. "You flirt with them already, just have sex with one of them! ... and let me watch."

I spend most of my time with my puppy. She doesn't make demands, or ask if I can bring her doughnuts (which is a really ironic request), or ask if she can have a ride somewhere. She just gives me kisses and takes long walks with me and digs me out of my blanket in the morning. Then I give her a beef knuckle and she's occupied for hours. It's the perfect friendship.

Speaking of demands, a "friend" messaged me on Facebook (because texting or calling is too hard) and asked if I would pick up her girlfriend's medicine because she has strep throat. This is also the same "friend" who messaged me two days ago to bring her doughnuts because her girlfriend had the flu.

sezzajezza84 is offline Junior Member
    I'd obviously choose quality but when I think about it, most of the people I know who have a lot of friends do because they also value quality. I guess it depends on what you would consider a high quantity. But generally I find that those who are willing to invest in good relationships have a strong network of friends and, though some friends are closer to them than others, they don't put all their work into those friendships to the exclusion of their acquaintances or those they do see less frequently/havent known as long, etc.

I'm an introvert and need a great deal of 'Sarah time' but I still get bored of hanging out with the same 5 people or whatever number constantly so, whilst I keep a select few closer than others, I like developing friendships with others that maybe don't require the same level of input but aren't shallow, either.

geostump is offline Senior Member
    I'm not a people person at all period. That being said, if I had friends, I would pick quality over quantity. I am the only person in our house who rarely calls people and I do not go out of my way to stay in contact with people, including family. Most of my "friends" are my spouses friends. If I just had to deal with people at work, I would be perfectly happy. Some may think its sad or pathetic, but I don't like dealing with the drama that comes from other and prefer the company of my dogs and the very few people I want to have contact with.
    Georgette

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    We have so much history, and I will always be there for this woman, but nagging and bitching at me? How do I deal with this one? thoughts please
    I am all for honesty. Sounds like you have known her long enough to say "hey, what's the deal?". I think it probably is a reaction to what has happened. Maybe she feels defensive around you because she thinks she should have left him?
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by valmason01 View Post
    I am all for honesty. Sounds like you have known her long enough to say "hey, what's the deal?". I think it probably is a reaction to what has happened. Maybe she feels defensive around you because she thinks she should have left him?
    you might be right Valmason. And yes I just might ask the question when I put my big girl pants on.....hate rocking the boat thou....and this could be a boatrocker
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya..Confrontation is very hard for me. And I hate those damn big girl panties I just know that eventually I will obsess until I get an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    you might be right Valmason. And yes I just might ask the question when I put my big girl pants on.....hate rocking the boat thou....and this could be a boatrocker
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456