Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When making friends do you prefer quality or quantity? page 3

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    We should. At least we wouldn't have to explain why we have to be careful what restaurant we go to. Tell me a time

Quote Originally Posted by phigment View Post
    Valmason, i'm not sure how to change, but i know it is normal for me. We should meet up some time, we could always stare at each other uncomfortably over lunch or something trying to figure out something to say that's not totally lame. Joaniel that is generally how i feel, drained. On my days off i stay at home a lot to recharge. Jell62, happy belated birthday. Generally i don't celebrate anymore.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

That is hard. Kudos to you. Yes, we all do our best with what we have. And pray it's enough. Sounds like you are doing more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JEL62 View Post
    That's nice of you to say. I'm caring for a parent with Alzheimer's and even she didn't realize that yesterday was my birthday. But it was kinda cool... the role reversal... and we had a nice day together nonetheless. We played cards together which she loves. It was just another day for me, and perhaps that was best. No need for cake. We all just do what we can.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

phigment is offline Senior Member
    thurday after 4, or anytime on friday or saturday. Pick a place and time and i'll meet you.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Can't help it, people in real life are like energy suckers.
    I think that's the reason for most of people's introvertedness. Other people can really try to push you down or say/do other non-positive actions, so it's hard to talk to people who are so fake all the time :\

oh Thursday would work! Maybe 530 or so? Hmmmm....how about Moe's?

thurday after 4, or anytime on friday or saturday. Pick a place and time and i'll meet you.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    i perfer quality. Right now i would state that i'm friendless but do have a lot of aquaintances. It takes a lot for me to meet and trust people. I almost have panic attacks when people ask me to go out. I believe i'm introverted to an extreme and not sure how to change. My socializing skills are nonexsistant and small talk drives me insane.
    Bless you.

I feel the same way about small talk.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

sounds good. Moe's on archer or university?

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    A mix is preferable. I have bar buddies, people I don't know real well but I can hang with at the bar. And I have few really close friends. I have trouble with people in between.

The bar buddies are zero maintenance. The close friends aren't really high-maintenance either because I want to hang with them. But there are some folks that I was closer with at some point or have moved away or have a family and I have to really work to make time for them.
    I think my frustration comes from having a lot of those people in-between.

I like having a mix, too. However, since I've moved a few times, I don't have all those school friends to rely on; my closest friends are far away, and making new besties who live nearby feels like it's impossible as an adult. Once people hit their thirties, it seems like no ones looking to meet new friends anymore; they seem happy with what they've got.

let's do archer. i need to go to target at some point.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

i'll be there with bells on...probally not with bells...but you never know ;-)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast