Thread: Primal relationship advice page

richard is offline Senior Member

Primal relationship advice

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I want to start this thread and talk about the key to relationships that nobody talks about and it is really primal.

This is the power of touch.

Nothing helps people feel better and more balanced than a lot of healthy touch with loved ones.

If you have a dog or a cat, you know what I mean. But most of us don't realize the importance of primal touch for ourselves and our loved ones.

If you want to have the best relationship, just off the charts, simply snuggle and cuddle with your life partner every day. If you can't one day because you're busy, do a 2 minute hug, preferably naked. Even 30 seconds of attentive hugging and a passionate kiss is all that is needed.

Strangely this should be every day as consistency is important if possible (it still works if you go on trips without your partner, but when you come back, some really aware and conscious reconnecting is important.)

Why does this work so well? It works because we are designed to have a lot of healthy touch, for a long time, and be close physically to our loved ones.

This activity boosts oxytocin levels. Oxytocin helps us feel more secure, more trusting, more loved. It soothes anxiety and removes depression. It makes eating right easier. It helps us by cutting down the effects of addictive or habitual behaviors and makes it easier to stick to our resolve with diet or anything else.

You can go further with this when having sex, but this is step #1, and the most important step, and you cannot imagine the benefit in your entire life.

Ask me any questions here and I'll be happy to answer. Thank you.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I posted a thread about human contact a while ago. No responses.

I feel that having some form of contact with someone you're close to is an essential part of being human. Even if it's just a hug or pat on the back from a friend, that sort of contact releases all the "happy" hormones, instantly de-stresses...etc, etc.
    Yet people don't really "allocate" physical attention. Hell, some people get a hug or two a week, at most.

My post: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread72809.html

kenn is offline Senior Member
    I was sorta in the same boat as you, I had just started looking for a relationship, was growing somewhat tired of the one night stand...I wanted the companionship and to have someone there, especially since the vast, vast majority of my friends had left town after graduation. So I started looking, but all of a sudden I couldn't hook up with girls for the life of me - that idea of girls being able to smell that stuff almost seemed true. Eventually, I found a girl - no prior history except for being friends. So I ask her out to lunch, get the ball rolling to "catch up," have some drinks with some of her friends and mine, we even went to a few hockey and baseball games. All very informal, all very casual, but it forced the one on one time that laid the foundation of our soon-to-be relationship. We didn't talk every day or anything like that and I made sure to keep my distance a little just so I wouldn't get trapped in the horrid friend zone - I let her initiate the contact for the most part. Eventually, we just fell into it, and we've been together for just over 9 months now.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds