Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's your most frustrating thing about being paleo? page 4

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post

And while I realize that this may sound snobby, any franchise eatery isn't really a restaurant. And it doesn't always have to be expensive, just not mainstream. I'd rather have a bowl of menudo in some hole in the wall with its forbidden hominy than anything on the menu at TGIFs or Ruby Tuesday, etc.
    I no longer consider franchise menus to be real food.

Independent and ethnic restaurants are the only places I eat now.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    One can be educated and still feel the call of the cookie monster.
    So true. I have not caved to any cookies since I started this on October 1st but I'm not sure I'm gonna make it the the holidays withough a single cookie. I love those iced sugarcookies!

Otherwise I'm with everybody who says it's hard needing to shop in multiple places if I'm going to be perfectly primal. So I just try to do the best I can...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra in BC View Post
    Not having a personal chef.
    this x a million
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Tinathetaco is offline Junior Member
    I've got a few things that are frustrating. Aaaaaaand go!

It really pisses me off when my friends and family say, "You can eat _____ right?" I normally respond with, "I can, but I don't want to."

I have a friend who seems to think she's helping me by offering me all kinds of "paleo/primal baked goods" which to me are just replacement foods for the weak. I don't need replacement foods because I'm perfectly happy eating meat and vegetables.

OH OH! And when people say, "I have another friend who is paleo/primal! You should meet them because they're doing it like you!" Then this "paleo/primal" person offers me a "cookie" made with almond butter and Craisins and looks at me like a pathetic puppy dog and asks what I think--after bugging me for two hours to "just try it" because "it's really good" and "tastes just like a regular cookie." Then two weeks later, or less, "____ isn't paleo/primal anymore." OF COURSE NOT! Nobody sticks with it, stop introducing me to people who treat it like Weight Watchers. I don't do this for the attention it gets me from anyone, especially not other "paleo/primal" people you know, I do this because it makes me feel good and I genuinely believe in this way of eating. FOR ME. I don't care about you or your friend, or your celiac cousin; you can all do what you want, just let me do what I want and leave me to my barely cooked steak.

Sefton is offline Member
    Sisters sent me Xmas gift of 6 packages of bacon. But bacon not organic and with the standard chemicals.

Kata is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefton View Post
    Sisters sent me Xmas gift of 6 packages of bacon. But bacon not organic and with the standard chemicals.
    Aw, it was a sweet thought though.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefton View Post
    I would eat it! Bad bacon is still better than bagels.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Paleobird Guest
    What I find frustrating is being told one day, "Well if you cut out all the sugar and starch you are going to get dangerously thin." and on another day, "If you keep eating all that fat and protein, you are going to get fat." Which is it? Decide already.

Then being told, "You know, if you keep restricting yourself to only certain foods, you are bound to snap some day and binge out." Um, no. Waffles for me have all the appeal of eating styrofoam.

And while everyone is trying to micromanage my diet, I manage to lose 65 lbs and go from a 16 to a 6 and keep it off for a couple of years and counting. Then people say, "Well, you must just be lucky. You have one of THOSE metabolisms."

saturnfan is offline Senior Member
    The most frustrating thing for me is that I really don’t like what is on the menu. While I have nothing against meat, nor hold any views against its consumption, I just don’t really like to eat it. Particularly eggs, which can make breakfast difficult since I either have to eat something unsatisfying or make extra preparations the night before.

This is coupled by the fact that I while I consider myself competent in the kitchen, I am very inconsistent. Sometimes I will make (what I consider) a high quality meal, and other nights a below average meal which leaves me extremely unsatisfied and poised to cheat.

That and going to restaurants with friends. I don’t like having to make a million substitutions so I aim to order something that’s close to primal by default. But it’s never anything I really want.
    Started 9/5/11 at 212lb
    Last weigh in 12/10/11 at 188lb
    Goal: 160

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    My mom sent us ribs.... and they are coated in a sauce with HFCS and about a million other goodies. It's the thought and hubby will eat them.

My brother who dabbles in paleo sent me Wagyu beef at my Birthday. I.did.not.share.

Mostly paleo isn't frustrating in the least for me. But I don't get too caught up in being perfect about it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast