Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your most frustrating thing about being paleo? page 3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I miss home made pizza.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Pilatesmom is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I miss home made pizza.
    I just made a homemade pizza tonight - cauliflower crust. I loved it so much the first time, I made a large one this time so I would have a ton of leftovers.

Practically Paleo Cauliflower Pizza Crust

Of course, I am tolerating dairy just fine.

hernadorico is offline Banned
    I love my family to death and they're accomodating enough

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    You've got a problem with fruits?
    when trying to lose weight I do.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Darwin17 is offline Senior Member
    Please slowly read what I put down......eat whatever you want too but this place is full of whiners that complain or puss out and it is those people that put this under the Fad Diet catagory and will fail just like they have over and over and over again. This is an way for a person to get/stay healthy and is easy to stay with if you know what you are doing. I look at my numbers before and after and can attest that this is a life changing way of life and want others to succeed as well. Education is the only way to that path. Mark does a great job as an intro into this life style but if you just stay with that then in my opinion you are priming yourself to take that 20% a bit too far and then back into the land of fail. "I just had to have the cookie" is something a little kid would say in my opinion. Go deep into the path of paleo and embrace it and measure your blood numbers, keep track of your work outs, study on the science and the why and you will go far!

Rusty is offline Senior Member
    Those who ask about Paleo/Primal, then glaze over when I tell them. How RUDE!!! Or, even worse, those who try to correct me, and tell me what I am doing wrong, that I must eat grains and low fat or I will drop dead of a heart attack.

I usually just end the conversation with: "maybe, but I am 130 lbs lighter and will only need a "normal" sized casket".

SAD people suck. LOL

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I'd say a distinct lack of mayonnaise is one of my annoyances. But a really good olive oil poured over and lapped up with a spoon isn't too bad a compromise.

Any restaurant where dinner for 2 costs $200 is going to be paleo. You just have to trade up to better places.

I find the cooking to be really easy without convenience foods. Defrost something in the fridge before I head off to work. Come home, cook the meat, steam the veggie, nuke the sweet potato, place Kerrygold on table, done.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Arbitrary rules depending on what the individual guru likes and dislikes.

In the end, if the rule does not make sense, I don't follow it. If the food is natural & unprocessed, I am not gonna worry about obscure, contradictory rules. But I am also frustrated by myself that I can't quite follow through with this principle by eating cheese/yogurt and chewing gum. I would like to drop both, but find it pretty convenient.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-17-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Any restaurant where dinner for 2 costs $200 is going to be paleo. You just have to trade up to better places.
    +1000

And while I realize that this may sound snobby, any franchise eatery isn't really a restaurant. And it doesn't always have to be expensive, just not mainstream. I'd rather have a bowl of menudo in some hole in the wall with its forbidden hominy than anything on the menu at TGIFs or Ruby Tuesday, etc.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The way bone broth stinks up my house while its in the crock pot for 24+ hours.

How expensive bacon is.

Running out of butter.

Not having a personal chef.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast