Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sprinting for a Beginner? page 2

kwyser is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Personally I'm a fan of the Tabata workouts. Which is 20 sec of sprinting and 10 sec of walking or light jogging. Start out doing just a few of these and increase by 1 cycle every week. So you would do 4 your first week, 5 the second, and so on. That's my favorite way to do sprints

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kwyser View Post
    Personally I'm a fan of the Tabata workouts. Which is 20 sec of sprinting and 10 sec of walking or light jogging. Start out doing just a few of these and increase by 1 cycle every week. So you would do 4 your first week, 5 the second, and so on. That's my favorite way to do sprints
    I read about this, and thats what I am leaning towards. Doing this uphill.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    hey, here's a tip i picked up from something dan john wrote, and it's proved true - do hill sprints. it's almost impossible to do these with bad form, and they'll be quick and intense.
    Thank you for relaying that. After seeing this tip I went out to a local park with a bit of a hill. You're right... quick, intense, and it's natural to actually RUN all out when going up a hill. I made a little circuit...All-out sprint up the hill, then walk back down via a slightly longer route with a gentler incline. About a minute a loop, at a guess. After four I was totally winded, but that's a start. Definitely incorporated into my routine going forward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12