Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog page 8

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm a cheeseaholic but that is a hell of a lot of dairy.

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Good grief its not that complicated. Just avoid grains, trans fats, soy and processed foods. Eat organic and local if possible, fruits and veg, free range poultry, pastured beef and pork, wild (fish). Avoid dairy for the first 30 days then experiment with some raw milk dairy and see how you react. In other words eat real food, adjust the macros to what works for you and that's it.
    Last edited by canuck416; 07-23-2013 at 05:51 PM.

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It's too next level for both of you, so, pointless to try and explain. Especially Laz, who doesn't even know T4 has to be converted to T3, which is a step above Paleobird not knowing about F1,6BP and glycolysis.
    If you think you educated me with your thyroid knowledge, I cannot explain the arrogance that would imply.

I am not going to go into how I was looking for the SYMPTOMS of hyperthyroid in that post, not measurable hyperthyroid. I was simply looking to see if the med itself was a cause, as it often is. The person often begins to get heart palps, sweats, and begins to resemble a hyperthyroidic person in how they feel. Lethargy (her main complaint) is the calling card of poorly prescribed thyroid medication....but I am sure you already knew that too. Community college and google is a terrifying combination.

As for "next level", I am currently about 7%BF, squat 2.2x body weight, and have a very good blood panel. I have posted pictures that have proven this fact, but they get moderated out. I am sure others can tell you that my physique backs up what I say.

I know more biochemistry after 3 bottles of single-malt scotch than all of your googling will ever produce....on top of that, I am humble in that I don't know everything, something you could learn from. A very common thing for me to write something which essentially says "I don't know, and don't listen to most anyone that tells you they do."

"Don't argue with idiots. They will take you down to their level and beat you from experience."
    Last edited by TheyCallMeLazarus; 07-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    So is my mother's husband...

/snip
    So are the dozens of medical doctors I have been under the care of since birth that have recommended: a) A pizza diet which consisted of a muffin and skim milk for breakfast, plus 3 slices of pizza per day (top pediatrician at Valhalla); b) taking fiber for my IBS symptoms; c) taking sulfa drugs, which I am deadly allergic to; d) eating low-fat foods, like graham crackers and Snackwells instead of fattening food like beef; e) injecting a dye into my brain to map my hormones circa 1989.

When I was in the hospital last week, my night nurse waited for several minutes for another nurse to come confirm that 22:00 is 10 o'clock because she didn't know and apparently counting to 24 is too hard for someone who is responsible for keeping me alive for a few hours.

Credentials don't necessarily mean a thing.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    If you think you educated me with your thyroid knowledge, I cannot explain the arrogance that would imply.

I am not going to go into how I was looking for the SYMPTOMS of hyperthyroid in that post, not measurable hyperthyroid. I was simply looking to see if the med itself was a cause, as it often is. The person often begins to get heart palps, sweats, and begins to resemble a hyperthyroidic person in how they feel. Lethargy (her main complaint) is the calling card of poorly prescribed thyroid medication....but I am sure you already knew that too. Community college and google is a terrifying combination.

As for "next level", I am currently about 7%BF, squat 2.2x body weight, and have a very good blood panel. I have posted pictures that have proven this fact, but they get moderated out. I am sure others can tell you that my physique backs up what I say.

I know more biochemistry after 3 bottles of single-malt scotch than all of your googling will ever produce....on top of that, I am humble in that I don't know everything, something you could learn from. A very common thing for me to write something which essentially says "I don't know, and don't listen to most anyone that tells you they do."

"Don't argue with idiots. They will take you down to their level and beat you from experience."
    Nice cop out, I wonder how many times you're going to edit this post. Do I frustrate you this much? You seem pretty intimidated for a self-diagnosed perfect human being. Doctor, 7% BF, very good blood panel, mansion, has a library of deep novels like stuff from Michael Crichton, or other books you google to look good with the primal ladies like all your other rips from OKcupid.

You're pathetic man, I don't need to be a medical doctor to diagnose that. Though, I wonder if you could properly diagnose it yourself. You're clearly overcompensating for something by saying this shit on the internet.

Profound.
    Last edited by Derpamix; 07-23-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

@j3nn

If you are looking for someone to defend doctors in general, I am NOT your guy....I spend about half my time trying to get around them to actually give people what they need. If anything, I would say that the credential means, more than anything, that the person is very intelligent and masochistically hard-working....that means nothing insofar as nutritional knowledge, something most doctors don't know anything about, and aren't supposed to know anything about. Preventing disease is supposed to be society's duty, not someone trained in how to slow disease once it occurs.

It's not the fault of a pediatrician somewhere that the US government, backed by nutritionists (not MDs) and the commodity crop lobby, made some VERY stupid recommendations about 40 years ago. A lot of them are still held onto.

It's also not his/her fault that if they WERE to tell you something other than CW all those years, they can and will be sued, and they will lose....this is something I fear every day. I tell people something other than the party line, and I could lose everything for it. I didn't make it this way, society did. Everything you mentioned there had so-called "studies", usually backed by the US gov via NIH, to back them up at one time.....you don't recommend it, we take you to court. Don't see patients fast enough, we fire you. Don't admit enough patients, we cut your pay.

The modern doctor is the scapegoat of an entire system of incompetence, fear of lawsuit, profit motive, and BS studies.

I would be the first to scream from the mountain top that more of us SHOULD stand up for what we believe to be correct science, correct patient care time, correct medication admins, etc....but there is a construct of society that explicitly prevents all of those things....and it is easier to call us idiots than for society to look in the mirror.

As for Cpt. Douchebag, I am done with you. I have a very rich life that is far beyond the opinion of faceless twerps on internet forums. In person you'd be a coward, and you know it.

And any guy that goes on internet forums to meet ladies needs to totally rethink his life....

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    So are the dozens of medical doctors I have been under the care of since birth that have recommended: a) A pizza diet which consisted of a muffin and skim milk for breakfast, plus 3 slices of pizza per day (top pediatrician at Valhalla); b) taking fiber for my IBS symptoms; c) taking sulfa drugs, which I am deadly allergic to; d) eating low-fat foods, like graham crackers and Snackwells instead of fattening food like beef; e) injecting a dye into my brain to map my hormones circa 1989.

When I was in the hospital last week, my night nurse waited for several minutes for another nurse to come confirm that 22:00 is 10 o'clock because she didn't know and apparently counting to 24 is too hard for someone who is responsible for keeping me alive for a few hours.

Credentials don't necessarily mean a thing.
    They're tantamount to scribbles on paper that show you can follow orders blindly better than a person without it.

As for Cpt. Douchebag, I am done with you. I have a very rich life that is far beyond the opinion of faceless twerps on internet forums. In person you'd be a coward, and you know it.

And any guy that goes on internet forums to meet ladies needs to totally rethink his life....
    Oh man, so alpha, now you're threatening me with acts of violence. I can feel your 11.9" member here full of pulsing veins like every other body part on your incredible physique.

You're hilarious man, right down to the juvenile "Cpt. Douchebag". Did they teach you that one at Harvard? Or perhaps you learned it while playing the piano and replicating Scherzo No. 2 Op. 31 perfectly while stroking your ego and staring into the mirror thinking about how rich your life is far beyond some guy you don't know anything about on the internet.

FYI, from the sounds of it, your life is a lot better than mine materialistically, congratulations.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    @j3nn

If you are looking for someone to defend doctors in general, I am NOT your guy....I spend about half my time trying to get around them to actually give people what they need. If anything, I would say that the credential means, more than anything, that the person is very intelligent and masochistically hard-working....that means nothing insofar as nutritional knowledge, something most doctors don't know anything about, and aren't supposed to know anything about. Preventing disease is supposed to be society's duty, not someone trained in how to slow disease once it occurs.

It's not the fault of a pediatrician somewhere that the US government, backed by nutritionists (not MDs) and the commodity crop lobby, made some VERY stupid recommendations about 40 years ago. A lot of them are still held onto.

It's also not his/her fault that if they WERE to tell you something other than CW all those years, they can and will be sued, and they will lose....this is something I fear every day. I tell people something other than the party line, and I could lose everything for it. I didn't make it this way, society did. Everything you mentioned there had so-called "studies", usually backed by the US gov via NIH, to back them up at one time.....you don't recommend it, we take you to court. Don't see patients fast enough, we fire you. Don't admit enough patients, we cut your pay.

The modern doctor is the scapegoat of an entire system of incompetence, fear of lawsuit, profit motive, and BS studies.

I would be the first to scream from the mountain top that more of us SHOULD stand up for what we believe to be correct science, correct patient care time, correct medication admins, etc....but there is a construct of society that explicitly prevents all of those things....and it is easier to call us idiots than for society to look in the mirror.
    It's increasingly hard to differentiate doctors who are loyal to the industry that they choose to work in and those who honestly believe in the science they were taught regardless of their liabilities. I have seen the baffled expressions on their faces when I bring something completely unconventional into the conversation. I don't believe all doctors are idiots, but I don't necessarily think you have to be extraordinarily intelligent to become one.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast