Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog page 7

Paleobird Guest
    Shop Now
    Hehehe. I like you, Laz.

The "fast metabolism" focus of Peat's always struck me as odd. Getting your heart rate racing is not necessarily a sign of good health.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    ....... (not sure, his stuff made me want to punch kittens after 3 minutes)
    .....no kitten punching allowed...pls

TheyCallMeLazarus is offline Senior Member
    I originally studied cell molecular bio in school....and for me it has never passed the sniff test.

Your cells process ATP, which gives off heat, which we measure as calories.....in most cells, the mitochondrial count is the same (one), however in muscle you can "grow" more mitochondria.

What that means is that there are really only two ways to create more mito or to make them process more ATP: Make more/largen cells (hypertrophy), or make them run through more ATP which only works as fast as you can supply oxygen, fat, or creatine.

Now, where does me eating Panda skin/refriend goat tongue/raw gelatin come in to influence any of that?

If someone can show me, biochemically, how the hell that works, then I won't think this guy is full of shit. Your metabolism (how many ATP you have running at a given time) is bent by your exercise habits, your genes, how cold/hot you are, and your age/gender. I haven't seen a study that has ever proven otherwise.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Yes, the giant game of playing telephone will continue (by both misinformed zealots trying to follow their guru to extremes and by detractors looking for the most laughable Peatarian nonsense to poke fun at) unless Peat actually deigns to write down in a clear manner a recommended dietary guideline.

Until then, I think I already know how to eat. It's called Primal.
    From raypeatforum:

Really not hard to understand. Avoid PUFA, balance amino acids out, get lots of calcium and sugar to support thyroid and keep stress response at a minimum. He has some food to avoid due to allergens, but everything else is left up to the individual. For example, I eat bananas, he thinks they're bad, but I tolerate them really well.

My food intake is now:

Oysters 4 times a week
    Gouda cheese every day 3-4oz
    Fruit usually OJ, bananas, dates, mango, some apple sauce
    Cottage cheese every day 16-32oz
    Liver once every 2 weeks 6oz
    2 eggs a day
    Coffee with sugar and half and half
    Mexican coke 1-2 a day
    Rice once in a while with San J gluten free soy sauce
    Carrots every day
    Potatoes 3x a week
    Dark chocolate 4-6 bars a week
    And tons of Knox gelatin in there

At odd times I'll eat oxtail usually a few times a month, and sometimes I'll have beef or lamb bowls with rice and more soy sauce.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    And having a racing heart rate does not mean that you have any additional mitochondria or that they are working any better. It just means you're on a sugar buzz of adrenaline.

Cross posted with Derp. That is still only a Peat DERIVED chart posted by somebody who frequents the Peat forum. Again an interpretation of the interpretation of the analysis of the excerpt.

Dayum, that's a lot of dairy. The hormonal aspect of that doesn't bother anybody?
    Last edited by Paleobird; 07-23-2013 at 04:17 PM.

It's too next level for both of you, so, pointless to try and explain. Especially Laz, who doesn't even know T4 has to be converted to T3, which is a step above Paleobird not knowing about F1,6BP and glycolysis.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    From raypeatforum:

Really not hard to understand. Avoid PUFA, balance amino acids out, get lots of calcium and sugar to support thyroid and keep stress response at a minimum. He has some food to avoid due to allergens, but everything else is left up to the individual. For example, I eat bananas, he thinks they're bad, but I tolerate them really well.

My food intake is now:

Oysters 4 times a week
    Gouda cheese every day 3-4oz
    Fruit usually OJ, bananas, dates, mango, some apple sauce
    Cottage cheese every day 16-32oz
    Liver once every 2 weeks 6oz
    2 eggs a day
    Coffee with sugar and half and half
    Mexican coke 1-2 a day
    Rice once in a while with San J gluten free soy sauce
    Carrots every day
    Potatoes 3x a week
    Dark chocolate 4-6 bars a week
    And tons of Knox gelatin in there

At odd times I'll eat oxtail usually a few times a month, and sometimes I'll have beef or lamb bowls with rice and more soy sauce.

Your diet is more Primal than steak and eggs. Boom.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Your diet is more Primal than steak and eggs. Boom.

I left out quantities of many things, and milk, but since it's summer I don't drink much milk. I take epsom baths for more magnesium too, because I usually end up with a ton of calcium at the end of the day.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    It's too next level for both of you, so, pointless to try and explain. Especially Laz, who doesn't even know T4 has to be converted to T3, which is a step above Paleobird not knowing about F1,6BP and glycolysis.
    Derpy darling, when will you get it that saying something doesn't necessarily make it so? The fact that you need to make baseless and incorrect claims about what I or Laz do or do not understand speaks to the paucity of your actual argument.

Laz is a medical doctor, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Derpy darling, when will you get it that saying something doesn't necessarily make it so? The fact that you need to make baseless and incorrect claims about what I or Laz do or do not understand speaks to the paucity of your actual argument.

Laz is a medical doctor, BTW.
    So is my mother's husband, yet what he actually knows about nutritional science and biology could fit on a single page of paper double spaced. Credentials don't automatically make people all knowing. Laz goes out of his way to claim his knowledge is lacking in every post he makes, both directly, and indirectly. He'll call me an ass repeatedly though, when I'm simply taking my time to look at wikipedia to correct a medical doctor.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast