Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog page 30

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Haha 'peatard'. I like that. I'l think of it every time I feel great, energized, whenever I see new strands of hair sprouting out of my scalp and every evening I'm not even thinking of food, let alone bingeing. In other words - all the time. Stark contrast to my "good old" lc days.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I'm laughing because "When they hatin' on you then you know you doin' somethin' (Maino, paraphrased). Anyway... Seems like Peatism is getting popular and the orthodox Paleo crowd is feeling threatened!

(Even though Peat's food choices are 100% Paleo/Primal/PHD-compliant, lulz)
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    I don't think they're threatened as such, but anything that doesn't fit with a person's dogma is going to get laughed off.

I mean, it's not like we're vegans. Ugh....shudder....

The important thing is not to preach. I like what I'm doing right now. If it fucks up then so be it;

“If we added up all of the special ‘avoidance’ diets, no one could eat anything. Many people are ruining their health by avoiding too many foods.” Ray Peat

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    The important thing is not to preach. I like what I'm doing right now. If it fucks up then so be it;
    Yup. So you tried something, if it works, yay! If not, oh well. I'll take full responsibility for all the "foolish" advice I implement.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Otzi just posted that on the other RP thread
    Sorry, I guess I don't keep up to date with all of the Peat threads on here.

I'm one of the stupid women, duped by Ray Peat. I bought his progesterone oil... for shame!!!

I have Oestrogen dominance and the abundance of that wonderful hormone made me want to throw myself under a train. Since I've started supplementing progesterone my life has gotten back on track. Peat doesn't say that oestrogen is bad: just that the excess is, and I can vouch for that.

Seriously, the rest I couldn't even be bothered with. Why would you pay attention to a blogger who only rants and mocks other people?
    Because, internets?

It's like reading anything by michael moore. You *could* take what he's saying on face value, or you could watch it and then counterbalance it with reading what his critics have to say. I find that's usually a decent way of sifting through the morass of conflicting information out there.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    It's like reading anything by michael moore. You *could* take what he's saying on face value, or you could watch it and then counterbalance it with reading what his critics have to say.
    Anyone can be a "critic" though. If Kim Kardashian criticised Michael Moore would you pay attention to that?

My opinion is never set in stone, and I'm all for reading counter-arguments... but this girl is an insult to intelligence.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Anyone can be a "critic" though. If Kim Kardashian criticised Michael Moore would you pay attention to that?
    You weigh it accordingly. If you think what she is saying is credible, then yes.

My opinion is never set in stone, and I'm all for reading counter-arguments... but this girl is an insult to intelligence.
    Is it really? One of the things that I try to find in people is when they make statements that can be easily disproved if they are wrong. So then it's really easy for their critics to disprove them.

For example, Woo starts off with this:
    I've been reading this article @ 180degree health (home of brother in quackery, Matt Stone) for 1 minute and he has already mislead people into believing rhemuatoid arthritis = hypothyroidism, that graves hyperthyroid symptoms = hypothyroidism, and that there are no normal biological values with a wide range as exists for TSH, and that hypothyroid people are actually manic full of energy. LOL.
    She makes a number of claims here that I can question, starting with "Is Matt conflating rhemuatoid arthritis with hypothyroidism?"

Reading through the article she's criticising, peat says this "it was the accumulation of muco-polysaccharides swelling the muscle up causing great pain, cramping and so on, and in old people who are hypothyroid, something very similar happens, but it includes degeneration of the blood vessels to some extent, and you mentioned the chelation plus magnesium."

Which I guess she thinks that the older people have rhemuatoid arthritis while peat thinks they have hyperthyroidism. Wikipedia says "RA typically manifests with signs of inflammation, with the affected joints being swollen, warm, painful and stiff, particularly early in the morning on waking or following prolonged inactivity. "

I dunno, she's definitely making an inference since Peat never explicitly conflates the two, but I can see how she would think that...
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930