Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog page 21

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Sigh.
    Threads like this make me sad.
    I came here to learn more about Primal and to be supported in following it.
    I didn't come here for arguments.
    I don't give a flying F about these other guys (peat, Stone, who ever they are).

If those of you who do their plans love it, that is great for you. Please go to their sites and have your conversations.

Last time I looked this was the Primal Blueprint site.
    Thank you. Just, thank you.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Peat's writings are vague enough that, if you want to claim you are "eating Peat", you can.

I eat fruit, cheese, liver, shellfish. See I'm a Peatarian!
    I think it's all about the belief behind the eats

Sigh.
    Threads like this make me sad.
    I came here to learn more about Primal and to be supported in following it.
    I don't give a flying F about these other guys (peat, Stone, who ever they are).

If those of you who do their plans love it, that is great for you. Please go to their sites and have your conversations.

Last time I looked this was the Primal Blueprint site.
    Don't you contribute to the SLD thread? I wasn't aware that Mark Scission designed that too.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

janie is offline Senior Member
    I've incorporated the oil dose into Primal. Not contradictory since good oils are allowed in the Primal plan.

And I'm not attacking and arguing with people who follow Primal as many here do.

It is fine if people find another way that works for them. They should go there and do that.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I think it's all about the belief behind the eats

Don't you contribute to the SLD thread? I wasn't aware that Mark Scission designed that too.
    OK, I'll bite. What belief would that be? If you can't even pin Peat down to a dietary plan, how can you say there is a fundamental belief there?

BTW, that was catty at Janie about the SLD. SLD is just a plan that finds a way to include fat in the diet that works for some people. It's not my cup of tea but it's not at all incompatible with Primal. People going around bragging about their drug use, booze, smoking, candy, pizza, and soda consumption. Now that is incompatible with Primal.

aliphian is offline Senior Member
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

F.Fellini is offline Member
    See, this is what I was saying. Peat's writings are vague enough that, if you want to claim you are "eating Peat", you can.

I eat fruit, cheese, liver, shellfish. See I'm a Peatarian!
    Exactly! So why are we criticizing Peat again??? There's a lot of hate among strict primal-blueprinters for Peat, when all I'm trying to say is that shouldn't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    And you have basically proved PB's point. Its a vague set of discombobulated articles. Design what you will out of it and call it "Peat".
    Yeah exactly! So why are people here so anti-Peat??? In my opinion, it's ridiculous to mobilize all this anger over "a vague set of discombobulated articles"---which is precisely what Peat's writings are.

He's not a diet guru, he's a scientist anyone could learn from. Even if your way of eating is the exact opposite of his.

OK, I'll bite. What belief would that be? If you can't even pin Peat down to a dietary plan, how can you say there is a fundamental belief there?
    The fact that you can't pin Peat down to a dietary plan is what makes him GOOD, not what makes him bad. There's more than enough diet plans to go around in this world.

max219 is offline Senior Member
    Yoga - that is awesome the new way of eating is working for you! Lately I've been migrating a lot toward a similar diet, minimizing my starch and raising my sugar intake. I still keep PUFA very low, began drinking orange juice, use tons of gelatin, and am looking to add liver and oysters.

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by F.Fellini View Post
    Exactly! So why are we criticizing Peat again??? There's a lot of hate among strict primal-blueprinters for Peat, when all I'm trying to say is that shouldn't be the case.
    I'm criticizing people who eat junk and pollute their bodies with chemicals who then presume to give advice on a Primal forum. I have no problem with people who choose to eat a higher carb version of Primal such as YB.

Peat is not really that important. He bases all his reasoning on faulty premises and then adds lots of science-y sounding stuff to the chain of logic after that. OK, he is a scientist so he does that well, but a faulty premise undercuts the whole thing.

Having a racing heart rate and a high body temp are not good indicators of health. All the other stuff is about how to achieve that heart thumping hot goal. But if the initial premise doesn't hold water, what is the point?

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast