Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog page 18

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Where in England are you Rocco? Hey from Lahndan!
    I usually live in London, have done for the last 8 or 9 years. Though since March I've mostly been living on a Farm in the country...needed to do some thinking away from there.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    So yes while you can suffer from to much dietary stress, I believe it is also possible to suffer from too little dietry stress. If you've fucked your metabolism, get on peat for 6 months to a year, I'm behind ya all the way. but once you've finished rehab/ holiday get back to work, build that sexy metabolism up, give it muscles, make it a beast that can handle anything.

For sure avoid all the anti nutrients, toxins and toxic fats you can for the rest of your life. but you don't have to protect your thyroid from doing work, you don't have to sit in an optimal temp range all day, you don't have to make sure you only eat proteins with carbs because it stress your body otherwise, you don't have to go on a hormonal witch hunt, once you've got every thing normalised.
    You can stress methabolism by fasting and rotating macros within the food selections here. I dunno, I am a sucker for any nutritionist that doesn't announce that fruit is a devil, and that you gotta really suffer for a few months before you, like, magically get better. And if you do not, you are ZE LOZER. I kindda tired of the approaches that are militaristic and domineering and favor those who like butter and bacon.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

dilberryhoundog is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    You can stress methabolism by fasting and rotating macros within the food selections here. I dunno, I am a sucker for any nutritionist that doesn't announce that fruit is a devil, and that you gotta really suffer for a few months before you, like, magically get better. And if you do not, you are ZE LOZER. I kindda tired of the approaches that are militaristic and domineering and favor those who like butter and bacon.
    Yeah I think peats food choices are pretty top notch, without knowing, I ate similar types of foods. As a restorative diet it seems top notch. It's just all this hormone adjusting and body temp range manipulation and thyroid protecting over the long term that doesn't quite sit right with me.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Hey Leida I (of course ) second the suggestion to give this a try. Here is what I usually eat/drink:

Milk - 2% usually organic (hormone-free), but sometimes the "conventional" kind; eggs; lean GF or conventional beef and bison meat (altho not much into meat anymore); non fatty fish; shrimp; salmon (very occasionally); cheese; unflavored gelatin (lots of it); coconut oil; ghee; butter; carrots; fruit - bananas, apples, peaches, melon, watermelon, pineapple, pears, apricots, grapes; raw cane sugar; honey; cocoa powder; chocolate; cinnamon.

I would imagine chicken breast or pork tenderloin would not hurt me once in a while, but I do not crave either.

Sometimes I have a small serving of starch with dinner - white/sweet potato or white rice.

If only I could get into liking liver

The strange thing, which is most likely to be temporary is that I no longer feel the need to eat. It's really unusual for me, actually. Also my energy level and fitness are through the roof.

EDIT: I knew I was leaving something out....I really enjoy my morning fairly large mug of freshly ground brewed coffee with H&H. A good quality (preferably homemade) ice cream is a must, too imo, especially in the summer.
    Last edited by Graycat; 07-25-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dilberryhoundog View Post
    Yeah I think peats food choices are pretty top notch, without knowing, I ate similar types of foods. As a restorative diet it seems top notch. It's just all this hormone adjusting and body temp range manipulation and thyroid protecting over the long term that doesn't quite sit right with me.

Sent from my iPhone
    You should see some of the people who go to Peat's work - they really need to protect what Thyroid they have. It's not a case of protecting for some folks, it's a case of rescuing. They should be as diligent as humanly possible.

You are probably not coming from this context and therefore have a different relationship to it. I don't even bother with testing body temp or pulse rate. Well not yet anyway, because I already feel alot different to before(far more stable energy and ability to handle stress better, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    I would imagine chicken breast or pork tenderloin would not hurt me once in a while, but I do not crave either.
    As someone who seemed to have a chicken addiction up until 5 months ago - and haven't had it since(not because Uncle Ray say no), I don't crave it one bit. I even find the prospect kinda gross for some reason

If only I could get into liking liver
    This is one thing that I find needs some kinda 'carrier'. I cut it into thin slices and have with onion. Lamb liver is the best for me. Followed by Beef. Pork liver is way too strong(though I don't eat it anymore).

The strange thing, which is most likely to be temporary is that I no longer feel the need to eat. It's really unusual for me, actually. Also my energy level and fitness are through the roof.
    Concurred. Energy has increased(or unblocked) by a huge amount. Though it's not crack-head energy from OD'ing on dirty class A fructose like these foolios think, just a very stable relaxed energy. Plus mental clarity which helps deal with external stressors and the battle between our dualistic minds we all face

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I find the biggest problem people have with liver is the texture. I would put it in a hamburger, like those pet burgers from US Wellness
    nihil

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Steven Smith made a pretty easy to follow graphic:

https://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

There is some Facebook page too, but if you value your freedom, you're likely not on it anyway.
    Take out the dairy, mexican coke/cane sugar, and OJ, add in Masa Harina (tortillas) salmon/tons of wild fishes. And thats exactly what I eat. WTF?

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    You've nearly reached enlightenment friend
    nihil

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Seriously, I eat oxtails/liver/shanks because of how cheap they are LOL.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast