Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog page 17

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    Yes, my symptoms do sort of resemble bacterial dysbiosis but they actually resemble many digestive problems. A sonogram a few years ago showed borderline enlarged spleen. I have tried activated charcoal, but not consistently enough. I still have two outlets of it; I use it to brush my teeth with baking soda. Never tried cascara sagrada. How much helps and for how long?

I was researching about histamine intolerances recently. Never heard of periactin, I'm going to have to look into it. I think avoiding foods high in fodmaps may help, too, but I've Ben eting everything since I to out of he hospital. My body's all like, I'm starvinggggg, and I'm all like, you are not! Eat some fat stores! Doesn't listen.
    I'm not sure of the dose, but I told him to just take a serving or two a day. He began to feel better in about a week, but obviously this isn't a one size fits all kinda thing. I think if once you truly feel better you can stop it.

"The bulk powder from Farmalabor in Italy is the kind I like best, but US Customs can cause problems with that. Naturlich Kost Co-op, 4260 TR 628, Millersburg, OH. 44654, sells it mixed with glycerine, which is o.k."

I think the antihistamines would have a more direct effect
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Ha-ha. Yes, there are reasons why I think the Nordic Diet needs a new revamp. The older version was far too local. But a more open-ended diet based on the cold climate crops will be nice. Like, you know, millet, buckwheat, rye, roots, currants, cabbage, apples, cucumbers, dill, sour cream...

Luckily, eating local ain't beneficial for the environment, so at least one doesn't have to be guilty about buying Cali oranges.
    Things like apples can be cooked aswell. I sometimes steam pears and apples and f**** me having that with vanilla ice cream is uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....oh yeah..

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I still eat salmon and avocado and vegetables and other things Peat says to avoid, just not early as much as I used to in favor of more saturated fats and tastier plants. I like saturated fat sources better anyway. I think diet dogma is the pits. Eat what makes you feel best, and if you genuinely enjoy it, even better.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I love roast fruit. And, if you have never made millet with pears or apricots... oh, my, good stuff.

Yep, I only buy wild sockeye here in Canada. My hubby fished with his dad commercially growing up, so he is insanely picky about his fish. So, I would bake a whole fish and we eat it for a couple-three days once every 2-3 of weeks when the salmon runs & is cheap. I don't think it is too much, lol.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    I'm not sure of the dose, but I told him to just take a serving or two a day. He began to feel better in about a week, but obviously this isn't a one size fits all kinda thing. I think if once you truly feel better you can stop it.

"The bulk powder from Farmalabor in Italy is the kind I like best, but US Customs can cause problems with that. Naturlich Kost Co-op, 4260 TR 628, Millersburg, OH. 44654, sells it mixed with glycerine, which is o.k."

I think the antihistamines would have a more direct effect
    I'm willing to try it all. My low Progesterone production, think supplementing t3 would help? What about raw thyroid?

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Hill View Post
    not here in England anyway. Our food supply is rubbish.
    Where in England are you Rocco? Hey from Lahndan!

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Cool, Peat is overall a nice match for my food preferences (apart from salmon, salmon makes me feel soooo good). As long as he doesn't mind millet & buckwheat in place of rice, lol. Not that I eat it often.
    I actually think Peat would be up your street Leida! I initially struggled with his views on fatty fish, but now I just eat it I agree with him about fish oil sups though. I'm undecided about nuts, but I stopped eating them anyway, rationalising it by 1) too much fibre, 2) Probably not very fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    "Local oranges"? That's not really going to happen for most people.
    Neither is pasture raised bacon...
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

He gives a thumbs up to MUFAS, so I think macadamia nuts would be a good nut choice if you like nuts. They're popular in Primal for this reason too.

dilberryhoundog is online now Senior Member
    here's my take on ray peat's ideas.

Ray Peat is Diet Rehab.

If you've been struggling dieting for years or eating shit then there's probably no better place to land. His whole philosophy (IMO) is to cause your metabolism as little stress as possible, you almost molly coddle it, so it doesn't have to do anything difficult. This is great for people who for years have been overworking their systems dealing with toxic shit and no food(cal restricing) or VLC or whatever. You eat peat, you go on a dietary holiday. But.......

I don't think this holiday can last forever (most holidays don't) eventually i believe you will narrow your metabolic range eating this way. Intermittent Stress provides our bodies with terms of reference, it lets us know what we need to do, what we need to improve (this is basically weightlifting (and life) in a nutshell). I think eventually a peat metabolism will operate in a very narrow band and any outlying event (like having to go without sugar for 2 days) will cause the peat body great distress. They will be railroaded into having to have certain foods available all the time. Which is ok in these modern times I guess for some. I just don't think this concept has been fully understood yet by peat followers and they may find themselfs in difficulty down the track if they are not careful to provide enough variance and challenges to their metabolisms.

So yes while you can suffer from to much dietary stress, I believe it is also possible to suffer from too little dietry stress. If you've fucked your metabolism, get on peat for 6 months to a year, I'm behind ya all the way. but once you've finished rehab/ holiday get back to work, build that sexy metabolism up, give it muscles, make it a beast that can handle anything.

For sure avoid all the anti nutrients, toxins and toxic fats you can for the rest of your life. but you don't have to protect your thyroid from doing work, you don't have to sit in an optimal temp range all day, you don't have to make sure you only eat proteins with carbs because it stress your body otherwise, you don't have to go on a hormonal witch hunt, once you've got every thing normalised.
    Last edited by dilberryhoundog; 07-25-2013 at 08:10 AM.
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I'm willing to try it all. My low Progesterone production, think supplementing t3 would help? What about raw thyroid?
    Of course. Thyroid glandular can help, too. Have you tested your levels? Depending on them certain types would be more beneficial. ie; cynomel or thyroid grandular.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post

Neither is pasture raised bacon...
    Pasture raised bacon is at least possible around here, but it's not going to turn tropical all of a sudden. I did buy fresh oranges in Florida once and they were amazing- I think I ate 30 oranges in two weeks.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast