Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Danny Roddy slams Paleo on Matt Stone's Blog page 16

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, and are the really ripe bananas Okay? I buy mine on 50% off sales, so they are super-ripe and sweet?
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j3nn View Post
    I had food poisoning about 6 years ago and haven't been the same since.
    Do your symptoms resemble bacterial dysbiosis? Have you tried activated charcoal? I know you eat the carrot salad, which helps, but I found charcoal and cascara sagrada have had a more prominent impact when I recommended it to a friend who got salmonella. He became lactose intolerant, and intolerant of just about any food, really.

What about antihistamines? Salt and coconut oil are natural antihistamines, but Ray Peat also recommends periactin, which is anti-estrogenic too.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Oh, and are the really ripe bananas Okay? I buy mine on 50% off sales, so they are super-ripe and sweet?
    This is the kind I eat. Pretty much brown, so there is no starch.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    Really ripe is the only way to eat bananas. In Peats words, Banana can be allergenic to certain people. If not for you, then yes they are fine within Peat's prism. And most other prisms for that matter.

Cool, Peat is overall a nice match for my food preferences (apart from salmon, salmon makes me feel soooo good). As long as he doesn't mind millet & buckwheat in place of rice, lol. Not that I eat it often.
    Last edited by Leida; 07-25-2013 at 07:36 AM.

lea
    lea is offline Senior Member
    "Local oranges"? That's not really going to happen for most people.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Do your symptoms resemble bacterial dysbiosis? Have you tried activated charcoal? I know you eat the carrot salad, which helps, but I found charcoal and cascara sagrada have had a more prominent impact when I recommended it to a friend who got salmonella. He became lactose intolerant, and intolerant of just about any food, really.
    Yes, my symptoms do sort of resemble bacterial dysbiosis but they actually resemble many digestive problems. A sonogram a few years ago showed borderline enlarged spleen. I have tried activated charcoal, but not consistently enough. I still have two bottles of it; I use it to brush my teeth with baking soda. Never tried cascara sagrada. How much helps and for how long?

What about antihistamines? Salt and coconut oil are natural antihistamines, but Ray Peat also recommends periactin, which is anti-estrogenic too.
    I was researching about histamine intolerances recently. Never heard of periactin, I'm going to have to look into it. I think avoiding foods high in fodmaps may help, too, but I've Been eating everything since I got out of the hospital. My body's all like, I'm starvinggggg, and I'm all like, you are not! Eat some fat stores! Doesn't listen.
    Last edited by j3nn; 07-25-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Ha-ha. Yes, there are reasons why I think the Nordic Diet needs a new revamp. The older version was far too local. But a more open-ended diet based on the cold climate crops will be nice. Like, you know, millet, buckwheat, rye, roots, currants, cabbage, apples, cucumbers, dill, sour cream...

Luckily, eating local ain't beneficial for the environment, so at least one doesn't have to be guilty about buying Cali oranges.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    Cool, Peat is overall a nice match for my food preferences (apart from salmon, salmon makes me feel soooo good). As long as he doesn't mind millet & buckwheat in place of rice, lol. Not that I eat it often.
    He also recommends corn tortillas cooked in coconut oil. I doubt he'd see too much of a problem with some well-cooked millet and buckwheat if you tolerate them. He'd probably say eat them with gelatin and fruit and some vitamin e. those are his popular ways to mitigate some problematic foods.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Rocco Hill is offline Senior Member
    If you like Salmon, eat it. Smoked Salmon is always gonna taste good, and wild caught Alaskan which i tried while in N.America last year was delicious. I'm sure you'll not die of any degenerative diseases eating Millet every once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    "Local oranges"? That's not really going to happen for most people.
    Quite. Well, not here in England anyway. Our food supply is rubbish.

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast