Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little variaty with meat choices page

Ally415 is offline Senior Member

Little variaty with meat choices

Ever since eating meat again, I usually only opt for Top Sirloin beef, red snapper, and chicken every now and then. Then very few times I go for salmon, or halibut, or lamb, or goat, and very little shrimp.

My bulk is usually top sirloin, snapper, and then some chicken. We don't have to be searching for different variaties frequently right? I don't go for other cuts of beef because they are tougher and require more kitchen time (I live with housemates), or more expensive. I usually choose top sirloin for my beef. Are getting different cuts frequently important? I only buy sirloin cuts.

Red snapper fish is the only fish I really enjoy eating, besides shrimp.
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    From my limited knowledge, I would say eat what works for you! In our home, we only eat chicken, pork, eggs, and sometimes beef. Fish maybe once in two weeks.

If you get bored, change up the recipes!

Ally415 is offline Senior Member
    thanks for sharing
    My Health and Nutrition Blog
    @ VIBRANTE
    http://viibrante.wordpress.com/

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Doesn't matter. Eat what you like and can afford. Nobody's going to tell you to eat beef sirloin one day, ribeye the next, liver the following...etc. You're an adult. It's shocking, but you can even forgo the meat if you want to!
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    It isn't an issue as long as you get natural fats from your meats and eat them (and having the fish in there is good too!).
    What I WOULD say is try developing a bit of a taste for offal and having liver, steak and kidney stew (like the pie but without the crust) or marrow-bones once in a while. Or making your own pates (stupidly easy: cook liver, blend with butter and assorted veg or seasonings). Offal is usually cheap and can supplement many micronutrient deficiencies (which ALL humans are at risk of, but are still best avoided, even IF Grok had them occassionally).

NowhereMan is offline Senior Member
    I can't comment on the overall question, but the issue of kitchen time could be solved with a slow cooker. It can cook most cuts of meat, and pretty much anything else, with minimal prep time. I recommend chuck roast or a whole chicken.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    You list a wider variety of animals than most people. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Meghanner is offline Senior Member
    I think it depends on your tastebuds If you're getting bored try a new cut. T-bone, rib eye and chuck roasts are inexpensive and delicious. Natural pork chops (bone in) are a delicious treat as is a lovely pork loin roast which is often not that expensive.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochin View Post
    It isn't an issue as long as you get natural fats from your meats and eat them (and having the fish in there is good too!).
    What I WOULD say is try developing a bit of a taste for offal and having liver, steak and kidney stew (like the pie but without the crust) or marrow-bones once in a while. Or making your own pates (stupidly easy: cook liver, blend with butter and assorted veg or seasonings). Offal is usually cheap and can supplement many micronutrient deficiencies (which ALL humans are at risk of, but are still best avoided, even IF Grok had them occassionally).
    Good advice!

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
    I can't comment on the overall question, but the issue of kitchen time could be solved with a slow cooker. It can cook most cuts of meat, and pretty much anything else, with minimal prep time. I recommend chuck roast or a whole chicken.
    That was my thought too. Slow cookers are so easy to use, and make the meat so tender. We basically never cook casserole in the oven anymore. Even topside steak gets slowcooked.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast