Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Grains Make You Crazy? page 3

Zach is offline Banned
    Thrive Market
    Manganese is in a ton of foods and its very easily to get way over the RDA without grains.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It's a perfect storm, really. If your manganese theory has any merit, there's that. Then there's the inflammatory fats that CW and vegetarians tend to consume. Then there's the bad cholesterol levels causing them eventually to take statins which have neurological side effects of their own.

The Peat party is really getting obnoxious. But I really don't care if they scare anyone into abandoning the PB diet. People can eat all the pig food they want and I'll eat the pigs.
    Your ridiculous first paragraph and the fact that you didnt even know Ray Peat does not recommend grains makes your post pretty obnoxious as well.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    It's a perfect storm, really. If your manganese theory has any merit, there's that. Then there's the inflammatory fats that CW and vegetarians tend to consume. Then there's the bad cholesterol levels causing them eventually to take statins which have neurological side effects of their own.

The Peat party is really getting obnoxious. But I really don't care if they scare anyone into abandoning the PB diet. People can eat all the pig food they want and I'll eat the pigs.
    What manganese theory? Manganese competing with zinc? That's not a theory. No one is trying to scare anyone, people should do their own research. They're being provided with something to think about.

(it's not gluten free)
    nihil

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What manganese theory? Manganese competing with zinc? That's not a theory. No one is trying to scare anyone, people should do their own research. They're being provided with something to think about.

(it's not gluten free)
    I really can't believe Ray Peat would advise people to eat crappy cookies, no matter how tasty. I thought he was against PUFA for one. Never seen a cookie not made with some kind of seed oil or crisco.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I really can't believe Ray Peat would advise people to eat crappy cookies, no matter how tasty. I thought he was against PUFA for one. Never seen a cookie not made with some kind of seed oil or crisco.
    Ray Peat doesn't advise people eat grains, cookies, or anything of the sort. And how dare you call this cookie crappy.
    nihil

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    In defense of cookies, I use butter or palm shortening in all baking, always have. It's the right thing to do.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Ray Peat doesn't advise people eat grains, cookies, or anything of the sort. And how dare you call this cookie crappy.
    It doesn't contain chocolate. BOOM.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I saw Ray Peat begging for change in the subway the other day.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    It doesn't contain chocolate. BOOM.
    That's easily remedied
    nihil

SJW2 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wheat Belly argues wheat can have a negative impact on the brain, though I can't recall any specific references to emotional/mental disorders - I think there was more of a neurological focus.

I would not doubt that wheat can be a major player in some mental and emotional difficulties. At the very least, through glucose-control problems.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast