Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The gluten witch hunt. page 2

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I read the article and watched part of the video... and found it to be a waste of my time, and not worth any real response.

Did you read that article?
    The level it is written on is like High School newspaper Gangnam style.... "but cake so tastes good"
    Seriously.

Nothing there to bite at all.
    Well, to be honest i didn't take the time bec. the preponderance of personal experience ( many others and most importantly, mine) weighs in favor of the "wheat is poison" viewpoint. But now, bec. of your hilarious critique :
    High School newspaper Gangnam style...

I think I will.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Well, what do you know, I agree with fiercehunter. Wheat at its best is insipid. The money spent, and by the way, we all pay approx $17/year to subsidize corn/wheat/etc., is for special interests (Monsanto, ConAgra, etc.) to make money. They don't give a shit whether we live or die from their products. As long as they show a profit this year.

Believe what you want. Even when I thought I believed CW, I always knew that the recommendation for grain was wrong. Why? Go do a google search on how to fatten livestock. It's much the same as what is advised by the govt (of the corporations, by the corporations, for the corporations) what we should be eating.

I know public education has suffered in the last 30-50 years, but really 1+1 still equals 2. Get a freakin' clue.

Zach is offline Banned
    So im guessing none of you actually "wasted" 20 minutes of your life before you posted. Way to be part of the 50,000, gang.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Did you expect different responses? It's like trying to convince people that its ok to eat meat on a vegan forum. Know your audience.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Vegans should eat grass. This way, when the zombie apocalypse happens, we can put duck fat hollendaise on them and eat them.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So im guessing none of you actually "wasted" 20 minutes of your life before you posted. Way to be part of the 50,000, gang.
    I watched every one of the videos. They were amateurish, redundant and offered no evidence for their claims. To be honest, they sounded quite ridiculous telling people their symptoms were imagined as they had all been brainwashed. I can tell you that I suffered from horrible gas pains and digestive upsets my entire life. My Mother was a wonderful baker and we always had fresh hot rolls right out of the oven, cakes, pies, etc, etc. I was a major wheat/high carb eater for over 60 years suffering these nasty symptoms assuming it was just the way my body works. Then I discovered PB and decided to give up all grains cold turkey. Almost immediately all of my symptoms disappeared. All in my head? I think not.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Artbuc View Post
    I watched every one of the videos. They were amateurish, redundant and offered no evidence for their claims. To be honest, they sounded quite ridiculous telling people their symptoms were imagined as they had all been brainwashed.
    Ya, I wasted the 20 minutes too and I want it back.

Timthetaco Guest
    What a god damn waste of my time. It took eleven videos for them to actually make a point worth responding to, which was the study of a gluten-free diet altering gut bacteria. I remember that study. It was linked in another idiotic gluten-is-good-for-you-because-I-say-so blog. What it didn't seem to mention was the gluten-free diet contained only certified gluten-free products. Is meat certified gluten-free, I wonder? Or was it a diet full of wheat-free boxed pancakes instead of regular boxed pancakes? No one in this community really gives a shit about which boxed food diet is better.

Also, I couldn't help but notice the guy was reading a paper that used the term elective affinity, a term used in sociology. He was reading a paper from a journal of sociology? You're going to have a hard time convincing us that dietary restriction is more dangerous than gliadin.

In the end, who knows what's healthy? Maybe it's eating bagels with your buddies so you don't feel like a loser. Or maybe it's not eating bagels because your arthritis went away, your depression improved, or you have MS and have been asymptomatic since adopting a gluten-free diet.

By the way, you could have saved us a lot of sanity by linking to the paper he was reading so I didn't have to listen to him and coach babble on for an hour.
    Last edited by Timthetaco; 12-15-2012 at 04:29 PM.

No need to waste a lot of anyone's time. Simply google "calories in" bread, pasta, or any other wheat product you choose. Once you see the nutritional profile, if you still think this crap is something you want to eat on a regular basis, have at it. It has been an empty garbage meal for me since the 1980s. Honestly, even before primal, I ate pasta about four times a year. Pizza a bit more because it's easy to get delivered. But I always knew it was crap food pure and simple.

I know I should be open minded and all, but if you can't suss out nutritional info on a food, well, I feel sorry for you. You have to depend on the "experts," and sadly, most of them are on the take.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I guess my point from earlier was there is no need to re-invent the wheel when it comes to wheat. Enough is known to say loudly and clearly we are better off w/o it-some of us immediately reaping the benefits-in the short-term and in the long term.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast