Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Low Carb Low Fat page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A simple setup for the protein crash diet:

Calories:
    600 – 900 kcal depending on size, so a small person should shoot for the lower number and a big guy the higher number.

Proteins:
    1 gram per pound of target-weight! That's mean; if your weight is 200 lbs. and you want to go down to 150 lbs. your protein intake will be 150 gram per day. Very lean meats like chicken breast and tuna in water is the order of the day. It is possible to precook certain meat to “wash out” most of the fat.
    Fat: 20 gram per day, that’s what normally comes as traces in your lean meat. Take one additional tablespoon of cod liver-oil or 6 fish oil pills.
    Carbs: 20 gram per day. Do not in calculate green fibrous vegetables, eat as much of those as you like to combat acids from the high protein food, and to get enough fibers.
    One multi-vitamin pill, and as much black coffee, water, diet coke you like.
    If you have a lot of weight to loose you can stay on this diet for a month before taking at least 2 weeks off. If relative lean, not more than 2 weeks before taking at least 2 weeks off…

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    diet coke???
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I believe this is the so called Stillman diet.
    From what I've read on it, people lose weight fast as Otzi also stated. How healthy and sustainable it is, I dont know

Quote Originally Posted by jojohaligo View Post
    diet coke???
    If you want, but nobody will put a pistol to your head to make sure that you drink it!

reallygravity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    I should know the answer to this, but my pregnant brain apparently has the dumb.

What happens on a low carb, low fat, high protein diet? You lose weight because of rabbit starvation, right?
    I did this for several years before finding Primal. I lost weight and ate food. BUT, I was so cranky and felt deprived all the time. Of course, that was because I wasnt eating fat (I was eating high protein though).

Bottom line, I was miserable. I always felt that I was on some torture diet...and kind of reaffirmed to me that a diet has to be like punishment, right? Its supposed to be hard work--eating crappy food!

Well. WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by reallygravity View Post
    I did this for several years before finding Primal. I lost weight and ate food. BUT, I was so cranky and felt deprived all the time. Of course, that was because I wasnt eating fat (I was eating high protein though).

Bottom line, I was miserable. I always felt that I was on some torture diet...and kind of reaffirmed to me that a diet has to be like punishment, right? Its supposed to be hard work--eating crappy food!

Well. WRONG.
    Maybe it was because you were in a large calorie deficit? Losing weight is normally a pretty miserable thing, especially if losing fast. You may feel very miserable on a diet of high fat but low calories (600 - 700 kcal) too...

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I did this for about 15 months not really trying to aim at any macros. 1200 calories a day, I planned one good meal a day (~600 calories) and planned everything else around that. But I wasn't primal, and I ate things like 45 cal/slice bread (HFCS), vegan mayonnaise (corn oil), fake butter (more corn oil). I lost 118 pounds. I wasn't hungry, freaked out, or anything else. I had a birthday bash and a number of party days. But, after the first six weeks, it became habit. Looking at photos though, about six months in, my hair looked awful. The ends broke off. Never in my life has my hair looked so scraggly. I'm guessing that was the lack of fat. It is very tough for me to get both enough fat and stay within 1200 calories a day. Tough enough that lately I've been thinking, "lose the weight, then go back to primal." I hate to admit it because I really like this way of eating, but once you're this close to goal, the whole fat thing is really hard if you also want protein and nutrients.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Maybe it was because you were in a large calorie deficit? Losing weight is normally a pretty miserable thing, especially if losing fast. You may feel very miserable on a diet of high fat but low calories (600 - 700 kcal) too...
    I do agree that one would feel miserable with low calories. But I know I was eating enough calories. I did this for a while--I can safely say I ate mostly like this for about 7 years. Looking back, it was CW, with a little kick. That is, eating low fat, and then making it low carb.

I would binge all the time, and always craved sugars and carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Also want to add, the worst is, my hunger was always urgent. If I didnt eat the very exact moment I was hungry, hell would break lose--not just in my mind, but also towards the people around me. My partner would call it my cranky hunger. I thought that was normal--hey, dont you get really really annoyed when you are hungry?

Not anymore. I can wait now. Even if I am super hungry, I dont get cranky and annoyed. And I attribute this all to my high-fat diet (of course, with high-protein, low-carb).

Quote Originally Posted by reallygravity View Post
    I do agree that one would feel miserable with low calories. But I know I was eating enough calories. I did this for a while--I can safely say I ate mostly like this for about 7 years. Looking back, it was CW, with a little kick. That is, eating low fat, and then making it low carb.
    Seven years??? Most people would have disappeared completely after less than one year on a diet of high proteins, low fat and low carbs…

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast