Thread: Could Primal eating sooth the actual beasts....? page

tellulah is offline Junior Member

Could Primal eating sooth the actual beasts....?

Shop Now
    Dear Mark...I hope I can get this thought out of my brain and not have it sound odd...

In light of the horrific school shooting today in Connecticut, I'd love to see a blog post about the connection between the SAD and violence? People have been killing each other for years, but it seems that the motivation for these young men who drive these massacres has been very different in just the last 10-15 years even. It feels like the deterioration of our food quality is behind a LOT more than just our huge behinds.

Both of my young kids were taking naps this afternoon when I read the news and it made me weep for those parents who lost their babies to this violent nut case...just the thought of someone shooting at kindergarteners?! I can't help but connect the way people eat with their behavior. Personalities, life experiences, mental problems aside...I'm interested in the comparison between the behaviors of a primal person, and a "normal" SAD consuming person. And of course, which foods contribute to ill behavior?

I'm new to the forums (that's the catch-phrase for, "don't shoot me if this has already been a topic!") and I have too much here to read, and not enough patience to sit at a computer to do it! Hopefully this hasn't been covered ad nauseum...if so, could someone kindly point me to a good thread? If not, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    The guy was apparently autistic as well and it (autism) is aggravated by certain foods. I'd like to point out that the rest of us (autistics) would never kill a bunch of kids. I mean, I get that he might have been wronged by the teachers and his mother (he had contact with them which does make it a possibility) but there is no possible reason he could have to kill those kids.
    Last edited by Alex Good; 12-18-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tellulah View Post
    (that's the catch-phrase for, "don't shoot me if this has already been a topic!")
    Bad choice of words, by the way.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    This is overreaching. There has been an increase in violence and wars around the world. I doubt the SAD is to blame for extreme violence and atrocities.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Jennifla is online now Senior Member
    Having personally been a victim of unstable moods, rages, depression, and irritability, undeniably related to wheat, I also wonder how many "routine" mental health incidents like road rage, domestic violence, child abuse, alcoholism, etc, are a result of eating just wheat.

MaverickBris is offline Junior Member
    I know that it tends to be a human nature reaction to these kind of events to look for a "reason" a particular thing to hang our hats on and say "that explains why!" - but sadly as humans we have often done some incredably stupid and random things that can't be explained.

That said, I am also of the view that perhaps our lifestyle and something in our world is making people angrier - Road Rage is getting worse, people are getting attacked more, there appears to be more violent crime. It is worldwide - so I can't help but question what is making the world angrier.

I know I used to get insanely angry when on the SAD way of life, everything stressed me and I fired up at the flick of a switch - I am certainly a lot calmer now on Primal/Paleo.

To say that the person did what he did due to bad diet is probably a long bow to draw, but I certainly couldn't argue with a view that a persons diet and lifestyle may have contributed to their mental state.

I definately think the question could be asked "What affect does the food we eat and the lifestyle we lead have on our mood and mental state? And does eating primally help to reduce anger and violent tendancies?"
    Starting Weight (11 August 2012) - 117.8 kgs (259lbs)
    Current Weight - 94.4kgs (207lbs) (as at 14/01/2013) -23.4kgs (51lbs) lost to date.
    Goal Weight - 90kgs (198lbs)

"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere" - Van Wilder