Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the Warrior Dash page 2

Clint is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'll be at the Joliet one on 6/20. I'm in the 11 AM wave. I'm pretty pumped about it!

JStrick is offline Senior Member
    The Texas race was awesome!!! So much fun! ill post pictures soonish.

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    I'm doing the one in Maryland the day before my 2nd wedding anniversary. I'm excited, I love obstacles.

adamsaysyo is offline Member
    I did the SoCal one, and I have to agree the obstacles weren't that hard. I do crossfit, and I was really expecting some intense things. However, that said - the running was something new for me - even though it was just over 3 miles which some could do easily, that is what I found very challenging.

It was more about being there though that was great. A lot of crossfitters from all over, plus the costumes were fun. They were supposed to have a band which didn't seem to show up (or something -... we left after 2 hours after we were done). I'll definitely go again next year to try to improve my time. Make sure to wear shoes you can get very muddy, and consider donating them afterward (they'll have a pile set up). Me and my friends did that - a reason to buy new shoes!

JStrick is offline Senior Member
    i wore my vffs and although it made going thru mud very tough, cleaning was easy since you can wash them!

Melantha is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm conflicted about shoes. I was thinking about getting a pair of water shoes that I can duct-tape to my feet, since they offer more protection than my huaraches, but I've been enjoying running without shoes so much more. When I slip my shoes off at the ends of my runs these days, my hips and knees just release and feel amazing.

I wouldn't wear VFFs for it because if I get them by then (I'll probably need them for winter), they'll be a brand-new pair of >$75 shoes and I wouldn't want to risk losing one in the mud.

Moose is offline Junior Member
    not to hijack, but... toughguyusa.com

and search youtube for videos of the original tough guy from england (none from America yet, seeing as how the one this October is going to be the first ever held in America). I'm on the fence about going right now.

Moose is offline Junior Member

Geoff is offline Member
    Just signed up for the Mid-Atlantic version on 10/9. I'm in the 9:30 AM wave. Who's with me?

Barefoot Paul is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This looks like so much fun. Why have i never heard of this!?

I would totally be down for doing the one in IL if i could find a ride out there and afford the $75 dollar price. I will keep you updated on what i decide!

-Paul
    Last edited by Barefoot Paul; 05-23-2010 at 02:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12