Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Primal Banana Walnut Bread page 4

Little_Fish is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    gotta make this stuff again soon!

fufonzo is offline Senior Member
    I attempted to bake an almond pizza crust once and was turned off the whole 'Primal baking' thing for a while thinking it wasn't worth it because it was nothing like real bread.

Boy was I wrong. This banana bread was one of the best I've ever had! I also added dark chocolate chips and some raisins for a little extra something (wanted to put in some shredded coconut too, but didn't realize we had run out).

I also used some ground flax seed in with the almond flour and it worked out well.

Can't wait for my bananas to get overripe so that I can make this again!

mlzoiss is offline Junior Member
    It tasted pretty bland to me, maybe I should have just made one loaf and added the cinnamon and vanilla. The almond flour is an expensive ingredient to waste since it takes half a bag for this recipe.

apryl is offline Junior Member
    My kids love banana bread, this just solved one of the problems with converting them!!

To the person asking about freezing bananas, I freeze mine whole, in skin. When I take them out for smoothies, I just break it in half (snaps right in half) and then run it under hot water for a couple seconds, then scrap with a knife, the peel comes right off
    Apryl

22lbs lost since giving up grains!

primalblonde is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This sounds fantastic! Man, so many almond flour recipes I wanna make!! Honeyville, get here! lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234