Thread: Hi there! page

jadedgamerx is offline Junior Member

Talking Hi there!

Primal Fuel
    Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

My name is Aaron, I'm an IT Systems Engineer for a software development company in Minnesota. I am a big movie buff, like craft beers/wine, fine dining/cooking, walking/hiking/camping/being outside, anything I can wrench on or tinker with (especially if it drives/rides quickly!) and am generally a big nerd (computers, Star Wars, LoTR, Star Trek, you name it).

My fiancée and I have been about 90% primal (literally throwing everything away in our house that wasn't) since January of this year (almost a year now!). We both had been reading and researching multiple "healthy" eating options outside of our current wealth of knowledge practically since we started dating (early 2009) but being in our early 20s we also spent a lot of time at social gatherings ingesting A LOT of alcohol. I have come to conclusion that I'm pretty damn sensitive to it due to the severity of my hangovers the next day (even after going primal which I had heard helped some people, but not me). I have since cut back on my drinking very considerably and have noticed that in general I feel better and enjoy having more money in the bank. We enjoy a cheat night here and there (we both love pizza especially) but in general have both noticed that it is not as satisfying as it was prior to going primal.

I have noticed specifically that in regards to my personal battle with ADD/ADHD: when I go for a long walk and/or do an intermittent fast I feel significant improvements in my mental clarity and ability to concentration and just overall have a better feeling of well-being in addition to what going primal has given me already (a lot!).

My fiancée grew up playing competitive sports (soccer mainly) and was in MUCH better shape than me when we met (and still is for the most part, but not so extremely so). I've began to approach her activity level in some ways and look all the better for it as well as feel better physically and emotionally.

Visual aids!:
    This is me pre-primal and trying to eat "healthy" while being probably also at the peek of my early-mid 20s drinking habit. I measured my heaviest around this time at about 185lbs and had a BMI of around 28.
    290_526719135462_9720_n.jpg

Here is a lovely (sarcasm) "MySpace/Facebook" mirror picture of me from sometime around May 2012 after I had been mugged and my face was healed up (I'm pretty happy about no scarring in the picture). This is about my current peak fitness level (I've had a backlash of sorts since being sick for the past two weeks with a nasty lung/sinus infection). I'm probably somewhere around 160lbs here and 24BMI/23%BF:
    466142_10151950208880413_1361252709_o.jpg

And here are some pictures of me and the soon to be wife I feel very blessed to have her.
    Aaron_and_Kat.jpg

I'm not sure if any of my friends locally who have gone primal have an account on here or not, but I'm pretty easily recognized so don't be shy. Part of what I love about this website is the wealth of knowledge and support shared across all of it's members and I'm happy to be a part of that.

Feel free to say hello or introduce yourself (or remind me who you are if we've met before!).

Grok on!
    Last edited by jadedgamerx; 12-16-2012 at 07:53 AM.
    Quite literally, the wittiest signature line you can think of.

Hedonist2 is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Aaron. I'm glad primal is going well for you.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

jadedgamerx is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedonist2 View Post
    Welcome Aaron. I'm glad primal is going well for you.
    Thank you, I'm looking forward to making some more great strides in 2013!
    Quite literally, the wittiest signature line you can think of.