Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Information About Dairy Please!

Information About Dairy Please!

Shop Now
    I have this bad habit of 'tasting' my husband's milk. It is whole milk, un-homoginzed, and comes in glass pint bottles to our doorstep, but it is not raw. I think I probably have an intolerance to dairy (leaky gut, etc.), but the sensual romantic in me can't help slurping the cream from the top and then gulping back half a bottle. In the moment I'm thinking "glass bottle, local, fatty, doorstep...". But I'm quite sure this causes reactions (insulin?), so I'm asking you wise forum members for info and/or resources that will enable my rational mind to convince the sensual me that I ought to put the kettle on and make some tea instead of indulging in a brief thick, creamy, and exquisite milk experience.

Websites? Books? Information from your heads? Thanks!

Can you get the delivery man to bring you cream?
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

A cream delivery would result in me gulping down all the cream in one sitting, I'm afraid. I think it might be the casein that I have a problem with, as well as lactose and denatured proteins as a result of pasturization. But that would be yummy. My goal is to be dairy-free, I just need the information to convince my whole self.

Opening up a can of creamy delicious coconut milk does the same thing for me :-D

Yeah, I used to love coconut milk too, but I seem to react to it now too. I will try it again in a few months... thanks for the idea!

Shop Now
    Oh. BUMMER.
    Hopefully it will work for you again, down the road :-(