Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How far have you fallen off the paleo/primal bandwagon this holiday season? page 5

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've eaten my share of crap and basically have hit the wall in terms of sweets. Have had some baked goods, egg nog, and some lunches out. All good stuff, but getting to me now.

Probably after today will be back on the bandwagon with all of my parties out of the way. Christmas dinner for me will be primal (pork roast, cauliflower gratin, green veggie).

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Not at all.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Too much wine, almond meal cookies, and popcorn. But I have enjoyed it and have only gained a few pounds.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I don't: I haven't. I understand that I have choices and options. My choice is for a very lean body therefore my options are to eat strict paleo. And guess what? It's working. There's no magic bullet -- no magic pill. I want and desire A more than I want or desire B --- s i m p l e.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    I can see how a tasty full of flavour and nutrition would be boring to a sugar addict.
    ++++++ 1. The paleo foods are considered by some to be bland --- compared to the sexy sugar/carb foods. I grew up with slow cooking parents and NO prepared foods, so moving to primal was easy for me. I eat the same things, day in and day out and never grow bored with my foods. I LOVE my body -- feel sexy in my own skin and love the results. Pretty simple exercise.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Amazingly, since I started drinking milk and orange juice 6 months ago, I haven't fallen off at all except one serving of polenta.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercehunter View Post
    Amazingly, since I started drinking milk and orange juice 6 months ago, I haven't fallen off at all except one serving of polenta.
    When I was in fifth or sixth grade, a teacher once told us that if we had milk and oranges, we could live for a very long time with nothing else as food. Of course, dinosaurs roamed the earth then, and milk has kind of become useless unless you have a good source for it (I prefer mine with no pus), but maybe oranges are better since I think they were still using DDT when I was young.

BigJilm is offline Senior Member
    pretty bad and it shows.

crap coffees, crap chocolate, sweets, pizza, burgers, even ice cream. the toughest few weeks still to come and plenty of beer coming my way.

will be hard to get back on but will try 100% this week at least.
    I'll be back

Paleobird Guest
    I don't see why "the holidays" should automatically be any different than any other time of year. Yes there are more get togethers including food and booze but those go on all year long too, especially if one has a family.

I have been to several holiday parties already and am hosting one tonight. There are are always Primal food and drink options like veggies and a turkey at thanksgiving and, if there aren't, you smile politely and say, "No, thank you." to the cake and cookies. Another good way to make sure that there is a primal approved option at a party is bring it yourself.

Why is this particular time of year such a big deal?

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    When I was in fifth or sixth grade, a teacher once told us that if we had milk and oranges, we could live for a very long time with nothing else as food. Of course, dinosaurs roamed the earth then, and milk has kind of become useless unless you have a good source for it (I prefer mine with no pus), but maybe oranges are better since I think they were still using DDT when I was young.
    Good luck in winning the battle against grains.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast