Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How far have you fallen off the paleo/primal bandwagon this holiday season? page 4

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've had some lollies, a slice of cake and a little salmon and cream cheese pie. I way prefer primal food, but if a delicious pie has some gluten in the pastry then I see it as well within 80/20 for me. The cake was just ok. I regret the lollies though, they just weren't that nice and I felt blah afterwards.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    I can see how a tasty full of flavour and nutrition would be boring to a sugar addict.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    I can see how a tasty full of flavour and nutrition would be boring to a sugar addict.
    ???

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    hahaha...
    nihil

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Too much red wine, dark chocolate and cheese. Also we have been invited to quite a few parties and family gatherings and ended up eating some sweets. Trying to compensate by IFing and eating clean the rest of the time. Will get back to basics and probably do a Whole 30 in January.

primal ddllar is offline Junior Member
    Well, it's actually been pretty easy keeping on track over these holidays. I fell off (intentionally) for Thanksgiving having some sweet potatos covered w/ butter and brown sugar.
    I've been able to pass up on all the goodies (cakes, candies, donuts, etc.) that are a constant flow during the season. However just last night (as I work the overnight shift at the hospital) my boss dropped off a trey of SWEETS right on my desk and said enjoy......Well, I did. With full accountability to myself, I indulged and enjoyed. Bounce off the walls for an hour or so and then crashed... Wow.....That was a lot of sugar! and a bit of processed carbs.
    No worries, as I've just started this journey about 8 or 9 weeks ago, this is a life style not a 30 day diet!

Bob, weave, & roll w/ the punches! Every day is an opportunity to do the right thing for life.
    Feeling good.

Oh.....and Happy Holidays to all!

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    Not good, but not terrible, either. Just being back on the forums is motivating me to do better, though.

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Why can't people serve real food at parties?

Because if there is crap around I'll eat it.

And that's how far I've fallen.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    I haven't fallen off at all.

Perhaps my chocolate consumption has increased a bit due to the larger selection at Trader Joe's, but I don't give a crap about the Christmas foods that everybody raves about. Peppermint? I've only eaten dark chocolate covered peppermints. Eggnog? I made a custard the other day just for fun, with cinnamon and nutmeg, which tasted like eggnog, and while it was good, I don't particularly care for making it again. Pumpkin? I eat pumpkin BY ITSELF pretty regularly anyway.

And then, aren't the real meals pretty Primal? Big ole hunk of delicious meat as the centerpiece. Rice stuffing/no stuffing. Sweet potatoes. Usually someone has a salad. That's not hard to do.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Although I have to consider myself lucky, now that I think back. My Korean friend invited me to her house for dinner, and they served rice stuffing (Asian), turkey, gravy, baked yams, an Asian salad with pine nuts, and TJ's raw cranberry relish. Dessert was Korean rice cake (it's not that sweet either) and Asian pears. I avoided the gravy and just ate dark meat, but I could pretty much eat everything, so no social faux pas there

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast