Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How far have you fallen off the paleo/primal bandwagon this holiday season? page 3

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For some of us, those non-primal foods don't make us feel bad. I was feeling just fine when I switched to primal. I just got pissed off when I learned about the crap in our food source. Pink slime made me primal. If I want to lose weight, I reduce calories and go for long walks - it really doesn't matter where those calories come from just for weight loss. So, if I avoid crap foods 350+ days a year and eat the occasional non-primal food, I don't stress. Eating primal for me is about long term health, but it's also about taking a stand against food producers who think it's ok to put soy in tuna, ammoniated dog food into ground beef, etc.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I've been eating a lot of chocolate. It doesn't really have anything to do with the holidays, though. People just seem to feel a need to pay/bribe me with chocolate. I don't seem capable of turning it down.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    In the nearly 5 months that I've been Primal, I've fallen off a few times with ice cream and chocolate.
    Luckily, those episodes happened after some pretty intense workouts, so the damage done wasn't as bad as it could have been.
    Haven't had any grains since day one, though.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing pretty well so far this holiday season, I've been eating pretty clean. Exercise is where I'm fucking up. I haven't been working out much at all since Thanksgiving, maybe once a week at best. When I hit it hard after the holidays I'm gonna feel it for sure.

341gerbig is offline Member
    Pretty far.... Im drinking coke and rum right now

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Office Xmas party was salad and sandwiches took out the filling and and ditched the bread - for dessert I had another helping of Greek Salad then went to my desk and had a piece of dark chocolate.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Eh, last Christmas I ate dark cholocate treats ad libidum along with quite liberal sprinklings of wine. Throw in a New Year's cigar along with Islay whiskey until I felt my legs go wobbly and it's all good. No change on the scale and come the new year I was back in the saddle going strong.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry Mark Sisson I've really fallen this holiday season. I will eat 10 big boring salads as penance for my sins.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Why don't you just go have some nourishing french toast with syrup. The sugar should improve your mood.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not really in the mood for french toast currently.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast