Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Still confused, sorry! page 3

PrimalMumUK is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Ok so it's FAT not starchs that stop you feeling hungery?

They eat (normally )2 eggs per day. Anything I saute I use coconut oil. They fight over who gets the chicken legs when we roast a chicken! Maybe I should buy more chicken thigh pieces per week. They like belly pork.
    I'm not sure about ghee. They used to be able to tolerate a local organic butter, but it has now stopped being made. Have tried out other organic brands but they reacted to them.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMumUK View Post
    Ok so it's FAT not starchs that stop you feeling hungry?
    Absolutely. That's a cornerstone of Primal. Of course, eating anything will stop you being hungry for a while. But if you eat starches, you're hungry again in 2 hours. If you eat fat, you can last 4.5-5 hours until the next meal. You may even be full enough to say, "eh, I'll just wait until dinner" and skip lunch. This is intermittent fasting (IF). Now that's for adults. Kids may need to eat more often no matter what they eat (I don't have kids). Maybe they can snack on salad with lots of olive oil dressing. For some reason, fatty nuts don't fill me up.

As for butter, it's not about being organic. Butter is not all fat. It is only 85-90% butter fat. The rest is white milky stuff, and that's usually what people react to. Organic grass-fed butter tends to be closer to 90% fat, and therefore has less of the milk solids, which may be why your kids could tolerate it more than regular butter. Ghee and clarified butter take out ALL the milk solids, which is why some people consider ghee to be non-dairy. The kids might be able to tolerate the pure butter fat.
    Last edited by oxide; 12-15-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    5'0" female, 42 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: 105.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimalMumUK View Post
    They fight over who gets the chicken legs when we roast a chicken! Maybe I should buy more chicken thigh pieces per week. They like belly pork.
    Frozen chicken portions are cheap as hell, roast them and and use the meat jucies that come out to make some kinda fatty gravy - I add double cream, but your lot don't do dairy so that's a crap idea, fried onions and blender might work, or some kind of potatoe or rice flour, coconut milk would work for thickness, but the taste would be very wrong.

Belly pork raosted on a bed of sliced apples and potatoes and onions roasted in the oven, with a bit of veggie of chiken stock, so all the fat drips down on-to the apples and veggies - oh that is heven

Have you tried making smoothies to fill the kids up between meals if they are really hungry - a load of frozen berries, a banana, some nuts and seeds and a can of coconut milk, you can drop in some coconut oil too, and if you like peanut butter (I know not truely primal) coco if you want it chocolatey (and who wouldn't) I drop in a raw egg and some frozen spinach too for extra nutrition points Tons of fat and tasty and filling has hell - no good if you aint' got a blender though
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123