Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One Main Meal a Night and my Experiences From it...... :) page 2

RayR22 is offline Junior Member
    my meal is usually steak and eggs or steak and potatoes lately....With a salad usually.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I just really like the convenience of not making and carrying food to work with me. It's just easier to get up in the morning, brew some coffee and get dressed for work. Grab my cup and go to work.

At work on my breaks I can surf the web, read, whatever. No worries that I have to finish my meal before lunch is over. Then when I get home I can eat the way I like to- with my shoes off. I don't know what it is. Food tastes better with your shoes off. Anthony Bourdain said it once, and I've discovered it to be true.

GuitarGrok is offline Senior Member
    I just started eating the one main meal a day, I have been eating primal for a year. It is so much easier, and more convenient to eat that way. There are dishes from only one meal each day, and I have found so far that I plan my meals to be extra good, and I am thinking about using the crock pot so that I can get it all set up, and going when I would normally be cooking, and eating breakfast, then when I get home I can have a workout, or walk, shower, eat. I have also found that about 2 hours after eating I want to sleep. It works great I just have to make sure that I eat about two hours before I want to go to bed, relax for those two hours, and then sleep.

I still have about 10 lbs of stubborn fat to get rid of so I am mostly snacking on berries for the antioxidants since the belly fat is usually where crap gets stored. I used to have to have my breakfast, or else I would be miserable all day, but following the Warrior/Primal diet it is so easy to fast durring the day. Only problem is I just played late night hockey for the first time since starting this, and I will have to work out a way to have a bit more energy for hockey since I start at either 9:15, or 10:15, and get home at 12:00-1:00 after an hour and fifteen minuts of playing. I tried having a smaller meal at about 5 last night, but I might move it up to 4:00 followed by a nap. I don't play again until Jan 4 so I have soem time to figure it out.

RayR22 is offline Junior Member
    Looking forward to my ONE meal tomorrow... Eggs, and Bacon, and maybe some hashbrowns and buttterrrrr

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    So, where is everyone on this one meal a day? Still at it? Did you meet your goal?

picklepete is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
    So, where is everyone on this one meal a day? Still at it? Did you meet your goal?
    Yes and yes, though more as personal preference than means to an end.
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

ilovesteak is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing the one meal plan for quite some time now (I think almost a year) and I have no plans to change that.
    "It's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the antichrist."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Mostly. I sometimes get hungry at around 3pm. I either ignore it, drink a cup of coffee with a half tablespoon of butter, or eat something small like a couple of hard boiled eggs.

If I ignore it, I eat a very large one meal for the day pretty late in the day. Otherwise, I guess it's one snack and a meal.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Mostly. I sometimes get hungry at around 3pm. I either ignore it, drink a cup of coffee with a half tablespoon of butter, or eat something small like a couple of hard boiled eggs.

If I ignore it, I eat a very large one meal for the day pretty late in the day. Otherwise, I guess it's one snack and a meal.
    Been a one meal guy for most of two years now... The biggest benefit isn't to my physical health, but the absolute freedom from being tied down to the kitchen all the time.

I get it all back for work, play, and learning!
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

k-del is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Food tastes better with your shoes off. Anthony Bourdain said it once, and I've discovered it to be true.
    Love this.

I think everything in life is better with your shoes off! I hate wearing shoes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast