Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me help my DH (psoriasis) page 2

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Unconquerable Dave. Suggesting a 30 day trial. Talking when appropriate about your successes, but not beating over the head with it. Praying. Waiting.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    At this point I think he would just get mad if I shared Unconquerable Dave. Doing the others and trusting God that it will be okay. (well sort of...trying to anyway )
    You know all those things you wanted to do: You should go do them.

Age 48
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

MouthDR is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have it myself and was diagnosed with it as a very young child. It came and went, not a big drama but as I got into my twenties, it became more "regular." Came in the winter, left me over the summer. Always located on my hips, and under my forearms. Nothing crazy but it was there and I found it irritating. Anyway, when I was vegan for 2 yrs (yikes! I know...) it more or less stopped. But it did linger over the winter months, but was much better than it ever was.

BUT, since going paleo, it has all but stopped and the scars remain. What was a real game changer was adding in a lot of vitamin D to my diet. I now take 6000 IU's a day and the psoriasis has stopped. But I check my levels and they were low even with 4000 a day so I might actually need more than 6000.

My advice? Get his diet in check, cut out dairy especially and coffee (there is potential cross-reactivity with coffee and wheat gluten) and check his vitamin D status.

Good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12