Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 15 Year Old Vegetarian Kid Petitioning Because of Gatorade page 2

jaczor is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Honestly, how many vegetables does one have to eat to be that fat? I was under the assumption that vegetarians were skinny-fat individuals with poor health, but never obese . Is sugar ok for vegetarians?

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaczor View Post
    Honestly, how many vegetables does one have to eat to be that fat? I was under the assumption that vegetarians were skinny-fat individuals with poor health, but never obese . Is sugar ok for vegetarians?
    It's from a plant and contains no meat so yes. So are pasta, rice, potatoes, chips, french fries, donuts, snack cakes, and anything else that does not have meat in it. It is very easy to get fat as a vegetarian that doesn't eat vegetables. Of course, it is easy to get fat as a non-vegetarian also.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

PoppaCap is offline Member
    Drink water!

Gatorade has done a great job of convincing us we need something special after physical activity. Sorry, we don't.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaCap View Post
    Drink water!

Gatorade has done a great job of convincing us we need something special after physical activity. Sorry, we don't.
    Depending on the duration and activity level, some people might. I work a full day of physical labor in the desert sun when it's 115F and monsoon season (aka: humid as hell), so during that time of year, I get severely depleted and can end up with a brutal migraine. But I still don't drink Gatorade. I go for a little coconut water and it's all good.

And even then, I only need it during the worst of the summer months.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Well, even misguided, I'm sort of glad she's interested in something outside the scope of boys and make-up. I boycotted Coors back in the day (treated their workers like crap) and also grapes (in solidarity with the farmworkers). We all (the paleo and primal we) are trying to get food manufacturers to stop poisoning the food supply.

She's just a kid.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaczor View Post
    Wow, don't criticize with the actual ideas someone puts forward. Nope, just go straight for calling the kid fat, because everyone knows a person's physical appearance totally invalidates everything else.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jaczor is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Owly View Post
    Wow, don't criticize with the actual ideas someone puts forward. Nope, just go straight for calling the kid fat, because everyone knows a person's physical appearance totally invalidates everything else.

Hmm, where did I said anything that could be interpreted as me invalidating her petition because she is fat??? I just asked a question, granted, off-topic because it is not related to the topic of her petition, but still a legitimate question.

I guess I should have said overweight instead of fat, my bad.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Brominated vegetable oil, or even regular old vegetable oil, is worse than sugar-water by several orders of magnitude. Props to her for calling attention to it.

A quick look at wikipedia shows most of the civilized world has banned BVO except for the U.S. Go figure. Even freaking India banned it.

Also, what's with all the vegetarian hate on a site run by a guy married to a vegetarian? There are real food vegetarians and crap food vegetarians, just like there are low carb paleos and there are Jimmy Moores. Besides, at her age, she's pretty much at the mercy of what her parents are buying, so being overweight shouldn't completely discredit her.
    Last edited by Chaohinon; 12-14-2012 at 11:50 AM.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    You can certainly get fat as a vegetarian and vegan if you don't eat vegetables. Chips, cookies, processed junk foods, soy meats, all are vegetarian too.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

statikcat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Gatorade is designed for athletes.. yet I always see fat non active people drinking it. Funny how that works.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast