Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wide moccasins? Go 'barefoot' ? page

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member

Wide moccasins? Go 'barefoot' ?

Shop Now
    So I've been looing for something as close to barefoot as possible that I can wear around the office while at work... I know there is the one article here on MDA that recommends stuff like Tom's moccasins... however they don't have anything in wide, can't really find anyone else that does either. I wear a men's US 10.5 4E. Has anyone with wide feet found soemthing along those lines that is office appropriate (dress shoes, loafers/nice leather finish moccasins) that are affordable (not 400-500$) ?
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

lordgrover is offline Member
    Can't help mate but I'm interested in similar, 11UK 5E.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i picked up a pair of slipper shoes (target, $17) and they seem to work pretty well. they're definitely more casual than dress shoes, but i think they easily pass for office footwear. my feet aren't as wide as yours, but they're pretty wide and i've got plenty of room. they also have a wide toe box, which is great. no much ground feel because the soles are about a half inch thick, but they have zero hell drop. plus, they're nice and cozy in the cold.
    last year, my wife picked me up a pair of $100 minimalist shoes that she found in a local shoestore that were very appropriate for most workplaces. i traded mine in for some trail gloves, but they're out there.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    have you tried sanuks? they even have a few models (boardroom and sumo) that are leather that are office appropriate, and what i've been wearing to work for years now. i'm actually not sure if they come in wide sizes though. although they have a bit of a wider fit than most other shoes do. check the website
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    have you tried sanuks? they even have a few models (boardroom and sumo) that are leather that are office appropriate, and what i've been wearing to work for years now. i'm actually not sure if they come in wide sizes though. although they have a bit of a wider fit than most other shoes do. check the website
    I looked at Sanuk but they don't offer any width options... which means my feet aren't going to like them. Even for my running shoes I have to go to a specialty running store because no one online, and no one locally other than them, carry Saucony's in a 4E everyone stops at a 2E which they consider pretty wide haha. I just shot Sanuk a message asking if they have anything that would accomodate me though.

not on the rug is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmercer View Post
    I looked at Sanuk but they don't offer any width options... which means my feet aren't going to like them. Even for my running shoes I have to go to a specialty running store because no one online, and no one locally other than them, carry Saucony's in a 4E everyone stops at a 2E which they consider pretty wide haha. I just shot Sanuk a message asking if they have anything that would accomodate me though.
    hopefully they do. good luck
    I have a lot of hard miles on my body from before I realized I'm not 100% invulnerable. Now I just think I'm 75% invulnerable. -Mr. Anthony

Give me a spouse/life-partner who I don't want to punch in the throat when she talks. -Canio6

Quote Originally Posted by not on the rug View Post
    hopefully they do. good luck
    Me too, haha. I prefer to wear logger boots all the time, even wear them to work with a spit shine... but figure it'd be better for my feet to switch to something more natural when I'm just sitting at a desk.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Eh only thing they have that looks like it would be close to barefoot is the sofsole and they say for indoor use only. I have to walk quite a bit to and from the building at work (work at an international airport). No way security is going to let me come through or leave x-ray and metal detector with a second set of shoes.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    If you google around there are other sites for custom made moccasins as well, but most are a bit more expensive. Most soft soles wouldn't be great for outdoors, I imagine, you'd probably need a thin hard sole on the bottom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast