Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: Always want sweets after eating. page 4

  1. #31
    Earthy Mama's Avatar
    Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    220
    Thanks for the tips ToldUzo!!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy


    9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

  2. #32
    janie's Avatar
    janie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    640
    It could be sugar addiction...or not. I've never been much of a sweet eater and when I was following CW to lose weight I was particularly careful to not have sugar and experienced no cravings. I did experience cravings such as you describe when moving my menu to relatively high protein and by keeping carbs very low (first time with the Protein Power diet). The craving was so insistent and hard to ignore .....except why was I suddenly experiencing a craving I had not had before? I've found that upping my carbs some (mainly w/white rice and an occasional potato), have disappeared that insistent craving. So, in my case, it was b/c the carb intake was apparently too low.

  3. #33
    Earthy Mama's Avatar
    Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    220
    Seeing this thread in the "New Posts" just made me realize something.

    I did NOT crave sweets after lunch today!!!!!!!!!! It's been 2hrs since lunch and I just now realized that!!! WOOHOO!!!!

    And last night I did a gingerbread house with my daughters. Frosting and sprinkles ALL over my fingers (and it's habit to lick stuff off your fingers) and... Not one single LICK was given that night LOL!!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy


    9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

  4. #34
    fiercehunter's Avatar
    fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the world
    Posts
    1,940
    Drink milk with all your meals.

  5. #35
    Earthy Mama's Avatar
    Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    220
    Day #2 of not craving sweets! I'm not even drinking coffee with honey today lol

    Oh and fiercehunter, I don't drink milk but thanks for the suggestion
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy


    9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

  6. #36
    fresa's Avatar
    fresa is offline Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    Day #2 of not craving sweets! I'm not even drinking coffee with honey today lol
    Congratulations on your progress! It gets easier every day, doesn't it?

  7. #37
    Earthy Mama's Avatar
    Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by fresa View Post
    Congratulations on your progress! It gets easier every day, doesn't it?
    It really does! I love it!
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy


    9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

  8. #38
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthy Mama View Post
    It really does! I love it!
    Bingo! Reading through this thread, I was thinking of the TCM/5 Elements energetic/emotional view of desiring sweets, as it comes through the spleen/stomach meridian, denoting love & earthy emotional/motherly nurturing. Like your avatar name-choice.

    Carrots, onions etc comes from the earth & have a grounding harmonizing aspect to their sweetness unlike tropical fruits or sugar cane for instance which are more expansive, to those who may feel in sync w/ such musings. Emotionally: family-time &/or spousal alone-time, generous hugs, communication, communing, community, ie any & all nurturing you can get, may also satisfy our needs for sweetness. Many people eat from emotional states of being & needing, yes we can agree on this. But our states of being in the world also can affect our ways of eating too & our bodies signals for balance. Sounds like you have found such balance. Living "I love it!" is the solution w/in itself, imo.

    On a more practical aside, ending a meal w/ sweets is ok, but have you ever tried having a dessert or a piece of fruit @ the front end of your meal instead of the back end? Like the old Jewish joke, "Eat your dessert 1st, you may not live through the next meal..." but seriously, when I was vegan, I was starved for fat & protein & calories, leading me to eat/over-eat sweets in search of more calories & macronutrients. Trying a little extra fat or protein for greater satiety, is in line w/ primal guidelines. Trying extra loving & nurturance is in line w/ life guidelines.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


  9. #39
    Earthy Mama's Avatar
    Earthy Mama is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    220
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    Bingo! Reading through this thread, I was thinking of the TCM/5 Elements energetic/emotional view of desiring sweets, as it comes through the spleen/stomach meridian, denoting love & earthy emotional/motherly nurturing. Like your avatar name-choice.

    Carrots, onions etc comes from the earth & have a grounding harmonizing aspect to their sweetness unlike tropical fruits or sugar cane for instance which are more expansive, to those who may feel in sync w/ such musings. Emotionally: family-time &/or spousal alone-time, generous hugs, communication, communing, community, ie any & all nurturing you can get, may also satisfy our needs for sweetness. Many people eat from emotional states of being & needing, yes we can agree on this. But our states of being in the world also can affect our ways of eating too & our bodies signals for balance. Sounds like you have found such balance. Living "I love it!" is the solution w/in itself, imo.

    On a more practical aside, ending a meal w/ sweets is ok, but have you ever tried having a dessert or a piece of fruit @ the front end of your meal instead of the back end? Like the old Jewish joke, "Eat your dessert 1st, you may not live through the next meal..." but seriously, when I was vegan, I was starved for fat & protein & calories, leading me to eat/over-eat sweets in search of more calories & macronutrients. Trying a little extra fat or protein for greater satiety, is in line w/ primal guidelines. Trying extra loving & nurturance is in line w/ life guidelines.
    Underlined: LOVE this line of thinking (and I love the word love, I use it often LOL!)

    Bold: Hm, I never thought of that. I do not crave sweets before a meal, when I'm hungry, I crave fat and greasy stuff. I think it's moreso emotional eating. I don't feel the need for the sugar anymore, I am so ecstatic about that (and just a few days in!). I eat a lot of onion, onion every day actually.
    Earthy Mama's Journal
    First Primal Pregnancy


    9+lbs lost this preg and good body changes from walking each day and eating healthy

    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food" ~ Hippocrates

  10. #40
    Betorq's Avatar
    Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    GA & CA
    Posts
    885
    PrimalCon New York
    Food for thought. Glad you are ecstatic! I eats my sweets, & treats. Love 'em. Been reading thru & pondering another well-written American Gut project article,Probiotics or Prebiotics: which would Darwin choose? - Human Food Project. Nibbling on pomelo pith & fruit, sending some soluble fibre foods & loving supportive thoughts & feelings to my microflora. I eat a lot of onions & garlic too, pretty much daily. Onions, garlics, leeks & all fibrous roots seem to be good or great prebiotic material for what turns out to be the vast majority of our DNA & biomass, our friendly fermenting friends, the lowly bacterium.
    Happy Holidays!
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown


Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •