Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Blog Domain - I Need YOUR Input! page 2

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    One more thing...

My friends call me Dooze or Dosen since my last name is Dosenberry.

My middle name is Barrett - if anyone likes this let me know.

Time to go to the gym. I will check back in a few hours.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosenberry View Post
    I hate the word acne as well.

Not a fan of Toad... well it's my nickname

Is Todd better?

I say no... but maybe? Anyone?

1. ThePrimalTodd.com (ehhh)
    2. PrimalTodd.com
    3. ToddsPrimalJourney.com (best one I think if I use Todd)

I'll think about it... but, a Toad will be part of my logo and all that good stuff Toads have been part of my life forever. My sister loved Toads (maybe just frogs) as a child... I always picked Toad for Mario Kart, etc.

Thanks again guys for your input! This community is too cool
    Toad is definitely better than Todd in terms of domain names. theprimaltoad.com is a good domain name. Maybe if you made the toad look more like a frog I'd actually check out your site!

Funny - I've only known one "Todd" in my life and that was in primary school. We called him "Todd the toad."

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    Toad is definitely better than Todd in terms of domain names. theprimaltoad.com is a good domain name. Maybe if you made the toad look more like a frog I'd actually check out your site!

Funny - I've only known one "Todd" in my life and that was in primary school. We called him "Todd the toad."
    Haha, that's awesome and made my day.

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Just a thought, but you want the blog name to be easily searchable, right? I don't think anyone associates "toad" with "primal" except you. It's best to de-personalize your name choice. Think more about how people will find you, not what feels right to you on a personal level. Think about online businesses that have been highly successful, and you'll be hard pressed to find a company that includes the founder's name. I know a blog is different from a business, but the concept is similar. I say leave your name out of it completely. Especially a name like "toad" that has no primal connotation whatsoever. Instead, think about names for your blog that focus on what you're trying to accomplish, what your content is going to be, who you want to find you, and what you want as an end result. I say start your name choice journey over again. Just my experienced two cents.

Thank you very much for your thoughts.

But, there are hundreds of examples of personalized domain names that are highly successful? Guess what my favorite is...

MarksDailyApple.com

And, Toad does have to do with primal. Toads hop, leap, etc. I am on a journey of leaping back in time.

Also, I think I will have an advantage if I personalize it in a unique way. I need to go with my gut on this one and stick with Toad. I love it too much.

Suki is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharonll View Post
    Just a thought, but you want the blog name to be easily searchable, right? I don't think anyone associates "toad" with "primal" except you. It's best to de-personalize your name choice. Think more about how people will find you, not what feels right to you on a personal level. Think about online businesses that have been highly successful, and you'll be hard pressed to find a company that includes the founder's name. I know a blog is different from a business, but the concept is similar. I say leave your name out of it completely. Especially a name like "toad" that has no primal connotation whatsoever. Instead, think about names for your blog that focus on what you're trying to accomplish, what your content is going to be, who you want to find you, and what you want as an end result. I say start your name choice journey over again. Just my experienced two cents.
    With the exception of MARK'S daily apple...

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    Suki, even Mark's Daily Apple would be more successful with a better name, but at least he also has primalblueprint.com. I don't know, but I'm fairly sure, that the blog came before the book title.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I like "The Primal Toad"

Thank you all for your input - I got more then I originally hoped and my family gave excellent input as well.

So far the winner is PrimalToad.com.

But, if someone can convince me otherwise then go ahead and try! I will be registering it Saturday morning

Helen in Oz is offline Senior Member
    Love it. I think it's good when a name is easy to say, so you can tell your friends "It's primal toad dot com". Funky, funny. have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12