Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Waiting for the PB Miracle... page 4

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I only skimmed the responses, so I may be repeating other people, but I'm going to be blunt:

That menu sucks. Where is the damn FOOD.

For breakfast, eat eggs, butter, and berries. Add in bacon or sausage if you want.
    For lunch eat MEAT. I mean fat-dripping steak, chicken soup, bone broth. And Vegetables: I don't care which veggie, just pick a random bag of frozen veggie from the shop (as long as it's not corn).
    For dinner, eat FISH and more veggies from another random bag.
    Eat a lot of salt. Eat a lot of pepper. Eat a lot of butter. If you're hungry, eat more butter.

STUFF yourself with fat until you don't want to eat any more. Get your carbs only from veggies and berries. Ditch the nuts. Fix your metabolism with meat, vegetables, and water.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

WeldingHank is offline Senior Member
    let me chime in as a (former) TypeII.

Go keto, seriously. Below 30g carbs. You should be giving your pancreas a rest from producing, and your body from getting wacked by insulin. do it for 30 days. This will help you get your sensitivity back. THEN, go for a really hard swim (it seems what you like) harder than you normally would, then start adding in starches. Not a lot at once, slowly up the (primal) carbs/starches to around 100G.

How you might ask?

Meat, fish, Fowl (as much as you can pack in!)
    Green veggies roasted/sauteed in FAT.
    BAS with protein/fat

Just a suggestion from someone who has been there.

TigerBeard is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Have you had your Vitamin D3 blood level checked?

D3 deficiency can definitely hinder fat loss and most folk in the UK are deficient. You can get a test kit here if the NHS doc won't order the test.

More info here. Also do a search on the blog for other articles on Vitamin D.

Make sure you supplement with Magnesium as well and are getting enough A & K2 from your diet.
    Really interesting thought. I crave sunshine, and always holiday away from the UK to seek sunshine... give me my sun, and I'm a happy bunny. Just read about Vitamin D on BBC website... seems like a sensible idea to take more via supplements. Will ask about vitamin D at next checkup.
    Embracing my inner Caveman since Sept 2012
    Start BMI: 31.9 (if include "bigbone" 10% allowance: 28.7)
    Start Waist: 40in

CW [06/Aug/13]: 198lbs. Current Waist: 36in. BF%: 19.6%. Various Calcs
    BMI: 29.2/26.3 BF%: 16.45% Naval Research BF Method

Quote Originally Posted by tomi View Post
    I don't see where anyone mentioned having your thyroid check. Have you had a good blood workup lately?

Thyroid
    Cortisol
    Vitamins

Testosterone (if you're a guy) didn't see where you said male or female.

Any of those can have an impact on weight loss.

Good luck. In my opinion - don't go the vegan/vegetarian route.......... are bodies need MEAT!
    Very much male... my diabetes management at the doctors includes a thorough blood workup every 6 months, and last couple have been pretty good. Last was just before my switch to Primal, so I await new data with baited breath. End-Feb should be the next set of tests.

NO WAY VEGETARIAN!!! I would go 100% meat if necessary...

Thanks for heads up though, I'll ask for more details when I get my next checkup.

Thanks all for your input. Rather more negative views than I expected.

Having sifted some of the wheat from the chaff... hmm wrong analogy for this audience... maybe that should be "having skinned the cow..." some of the good points:

1. Not low enough carb... point of accusing fingers at all sorts of things. I was already eyeing the potato suspiciously I'll tinker with diet, reducing the significant carbs, increasing fats to replace. Protein intake is about right.
    2. Try some weights. (Kettlebells on order... thanks for tip!).
    3. Get more info in next blood workup.
    4. Move to California for the sunshine and easy life... oops! Wishlist item slipped in there.

I'm no quitter; this is a long haul thing for me. Will try to evolve diet somewhat.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'm just getting to this now, and I think you have some options in place, and I just have to give my opinion, too.

1. make your own lunches. It's very easy to hard boil some eggs and carry them with you, and also a lot of good veggies. we just cut a bunch of veggies in the morning and put them in a container. It takes no time at all. We then have some home-made mayo that we pack up (as a dip), and away we go. Sometimes, we also make sliders (or meatballs), and that's great and easy to carry too. we prefer things that are good cold.

2. do sprints i the pool -- it's excellent. it will make a HUGE difference!

3. you can do bodyweight at home to start out, too, if you'd like. Mark has his big 5 movements, and it's a great start.

WendyLady is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just posted about needing to eat more often. I found out 2 days ago that my insulin is all messed up. The doc told me to eat very often. I'm eating paleo - 6x/day.

After only 2 days the scale moved, more than it has in months.

Also, I can't eat as many carbs in a day as a whole potato. Certainly not all at one time.

My thoughts would be - get more green veg. Eat your snacks earlier in the day. Cut out that white potato and any breads. Keep the nuts, ditch the dried fruits for now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234