Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Looking visibly aged now, more than expected. page 19

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    They are celebrities... they are having skin treatments and peels in professional skin care/ plastic surgeons offices.
    All. The. Time.
    To be honest, a lot of these treatments are quite affordable. Basic facials cost about $60 here, and if you are going for various laser treatments, you might pay $80 or so. These are typically done monthly, but even doing them quarterly can make a difference for most people (and laser maintenance programs at my age and skin condition -- according to teh doctor that I talked to about getting the spider veins removed -- would be about once a quarter anyway).

After that, it's just good nutrition, sleep, and good skin care.

Now, things like botox, thread lifts, and fillers for the face/mouth are a another angle on this, but I would say that looking at many of the celebrities linked above, my husband (who is 40) looks younger than some of those folks, and I definitely do. We could probably give Joseph Gordon Levitt a run for his money anyway. And that's without all this fancy stuff (my husband and I anyway. we dont' have this fancy stuff -- which may be genes).

Anyway, I know that it's not affordable for a lot of people -- but it's not "you have to be a millionaire! in order to afford it" expensive.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Well, I just don't want to die early, so I assume a correlation with visible aging and actual body breakdown. Is that a mistake?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Well, I just don't want to die early, so I assume a correlation with visible aging and actual body breakdown. Is that a mistake?
    I have a friend who looks super healthy but has a heart condition. My Paleo friend looks like death-warmed-up but his blood results are amazing! Maybe they are exceptions, but it's hard to know.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Oh, okay.

Forgot to mention, my iron always comes back normal!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819