Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Looking visibly aged now, more than expected. page 18

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Safe starch will make you stronger. Simple milk sugar can work if you are not lactose intolerant ... other simple sugars not.
    That's interesting PB - you mean you think lactose and starch are better than fructose (or sucrose)? I'm currently working more carbs back in and I'm naturally gravitating to greek yogurt and rice.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Maybe I can arrange to sleep all day everyday instead of switching.
    You poor sweetie, you must be worn out. I think you should develop a nasty case of the I-want-to-get-some-rest flu and take about three days and just sleep/eat/repeat.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Or find out what these guys are doing (except Demi Moore or Johnny Depp): 11 Celebrities Who Are Aging Backwards [Photos] : CollegeCandy – Life, Love & Style For The College Girl
    They are celebrities... they are having skin treatments and peels in professional skin care/ plastic surgeons offices.
    All. The. Time.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I like a bit of honey too but safe starch is way superior for spiking insulin and helping me build muscle and strength. Fructose has never come close to satisfying me or making me feel so calm, contented and energised as safe starch has. Fructose is great for boosting my immune system when I'm coming down with an infection, as it is so inflammatory.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    They are celebrities... they are having skin treatments and peels in professional skin care/ plastic surgeons offices.
    All. The. Time.
    Well, it was actually a joke, but I work in TV and you can see immediately the celebs that are getting work done. Keanu Reeves looks pretty natural.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Fructose is great for boosting my immune system when I'm coming down with an infection, as it is so inflammatory.
    I can't believe I didn't consider that eating inflammatory foods could actually be beneficial. That makes a lot of sense.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    That's interesting PB - you mean you think lactose and starch are better than fructose (or sucrose)? I'm currently working more carbs back in and I'm naturally gravitating to greek yogurt and rice.
    Yes, milk sugar is happily fructose free.

Fructose is 100 times as inflammatory and as carcinogenic as glucose. It has to be detoxed by the liver - or guzzled up by cancer cells. Anyone on a low-carb diet is doomed to obtaining the vast majority of their carbs from fructose (or cellulose if they count that) in order to obtain adequate antioxidants from plant sources.

White rice offers safe carbs with relatively low nutrient value (and only slightly better than coconut oil and butter as /empty calories') - not a problem so long as the rest of your intake consists of highly nutritious foods and you are not on a chronic low-calorie diet.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Well, it was actually a joke, but I work in TV and you can see immediately the celebs that are getting work done. Keanu Reeves looks pretty natural.
    Yeah, acid peels and such skin treatments leave a natural look, not like the heavier procedures. They just freshen up the skin and keep the actors looking younger, wrinkles finer, less age spots and blemishes... all of that. That's what I was referring to.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    +1 for getting off of the shifts and sorting your sleep out. Yes a good diet can help reduce the damage shift work/disrupted sleep causes, but even Robb Wolf has said that really he could've just called his book "Sleep, ya big dummy!".

Of course, you could always try these too
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Totally forgot about iron. Get your iron levels as that can definitely have an effect on accelerated aging. As far as starch and fruit they will take at least a week or 2 before your gut adapts to the change. It took me a few weeks from what I can remember.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast