Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Looking visibly aged now, more than expected. page 17

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Bananas/lower fat not working out. Mega bloated and feeling weird. Back to high-fat!
    Good for you for listening to your body. It's not your diet, it's your sleep or lack thereof.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Bananas/lower fat not working out. Mega bloated and feeling weird. Back to high-fat!
    It may be hormonal, especially if you have been dieting, and if this is the case then it takes almost the same amount of time as dieting down, to restore hormones, if eating at maintenance and with sufficient carbs...

Owen is offline Senior Member
    Someone mentioned increasing your intake of fruits and vegetables. Totally right. We apparently understand an estimated 1% of the chemical makeup of these natural plant foods and the ways that they feed our bodies. I eat plenty of meat but only as an addition to fruit,veg, salads etc and I try to vary the ones I eat as much as possible, with the seasons, but also whatever I can get my hands on. Also my feeling is that coffee does age people, and that eating plenty of omega 3 - from oily fish and walnuts etc is going to help. Do you eat a lot of these foods?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Raw bananas do not sit nearly so well for me as cooked white potatoes without the skin, for starch with very low levels of toxins.

Go for an easy to digest starch - white rice or white potatoes that will spike your insulin.

Bananas fried in butter still work for me.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 12-20-2012 at 02:05 PM.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Or find out what these guys are doing (except Demi Moore or Johnny Depp): 11 Celebrities Who Are Aging Backwards [Photos] : CollegeCandy – Life, Love & Style For The College Girl

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Good for you for listening to your body. It's not your diet, it's your sleep or lack thereof.
    So its bad to listen to your body when feeling the effects of "carb flu" when pushing through low carb but this guy trys a few bananas for a couple days and bails and thats good?

Ridiculous low carb mentality is ridiculous.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, I've already begun spreading rumors that I'll be going back to day shift in another year or so. I really do remain convinced there's no perfect way of eating, but feel strongly I've found one that works right here. Maybe more carbs are in order, perhaps as simple sugars or bloated weekends. I don't know. Maybe I really SHOULD go for skinny instead of strong.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    So its bad to listen to your body when feeling the effects of "carb flu" when pushing through low carb but this guy trys a few bananas for a couple days and bails and thats good?

Ridiculous low carb mentality is ridiculous.
    Carb flu is a symptom of transitioning from an un-natural state, being a constant sugar burner, to a more natural state of being able to burn both fuel sources or, as Mark calls it, being a fat burning beast. So yes, pushing through that is a good thing.

Knifegill works ridiculously long hours on night shifts and then switches around from nights to days and back again. That is not natural for humans. I think micromanaging his diet is ridiculous when the cause of his problem is so obvious. I'm not telling him that low carb is best, just that diet is not the issue *in this case*.
    Last edited by Paleobird; 12-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Safe starch will make you stronger. Simple milk sugar can work if you are not lactose intolerant ... other simple sugars not.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Knifegill works ridiculously long hours on night shifts and then switches around from nights to days and back again. I think micromanaging his diet is ridiculous when the cause of his problem is so obvious. I'm not telling him that low carb is best, just that diet is not the issue *in this case*.
    Maybe I can arrange to sleep all day everyday instead of switching.

Safe starch will make you stronger. Simple milk sugar works ... other simple sugars not.
    Are you sure? I likes me some honey. And fruit doesn't spike blood sugar...

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast