Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking visibly aged now, more than expected. page 13

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Then you have my grandma who always looked a lot younger than she was who totally scrubs the crap out of her face every morning with a terry cloth

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I have to say, I only know one Paleo guy in reality, and the first time I met him I was shocked by how sick he looked. He's totally ripped, but his face is gaunt and no colour. I also don't think that Mark looks that healthy...!
    Im happy that someon else will admit this. I think Mark looks horrible, yeah he is ripped but who cares about totally ripped, it's superficial. My grandmother is 90 years old, and her face looks 10 times better than Mark's. Just experiment with this diet, DO NOT do it 100%. I don't diet but take bits and pieces off of everything

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    Im happy that someon else will admit this. I think Mark looks horrible, yeah he is ripped but who cares about totally ripped, it's superficial. My grandmother is 90 years old, and her face looks 10 times better than Mark's. Just experiment with this diet, DO NOT do it 100%. I don't diet but take bits and pieces off of everything
    What's with the hatin' on Mark guys? I think he looks gorgeous particularly for someone pushing 60, and, having played ultimate frisbee with him, I can tell you that he is very fit. He can run circles around guys half his age. He has a very blond/blue eyed nordic complexion which has spent decades in the southern California sunshine and a lot of that at or on the water. So sure, he has some sun damage, but still, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers. (Not that that would be a problem around here. I guess we need a new expression. How about, "I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating kale chips?" )

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    What's with the hatin' on Mark guys? I think he looks gorgeous particularly for someone pushing 60, and, having played ultimate frisbee with him, I can tell you that he is very fit. He can run circles around guys half his age. He has a very blond/blue eyed nordic complexion which has spent decades in the southern California sunshine and a lot of that at or on the water. So sure, he has some sun damage, but still, I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers. (Not that that would be a problem around here. I guess we need a new expression. How about, "I wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating kale chips?" )
    Yep, and not everyone can have EXACTLY the facial features that EVERYONE will agree is healthy and attractive. Looks and how we perceive them are often very subjective.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    +1 Paleobird! i think he looks very fit! i wish i had his energy for life pushing 60!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Not to mention he didn't spend most of his life eating this way and did plenty of chronic cardio in his day.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I would be happy to take him home to meet my mother !!!!!!! oops thats right - I'm married LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    I think Mark seems like a lovely person, and I love his writing style. But the very first time I saw his picture I did not have the impression that he looked healthy. His skin looks like a smoker's. A while later I was telling my skinny brother (who wants to be buff) about Mark's exercise plan (which I think is great), but when he saw the pics of Mark he was put off by how drawn Mark's face looked..!

Now that I think of it I have met one female Paleo in reality, and she was the worst advertisement you could imagine. Her face was literally ravaged (though my other Paleo friend put this down to her being an endurance athlete).

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    I would be happy to take him home to meet my mother !!!!!!! oops thats right - I'm married LOL
    So's he, dangit!

Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    I think Mark seems like a lovely person, and I love his writing style. But the very first time I saw his picture I did not have the impression that he looked healthy. His skin looks like a smoker's. A while later I was telling my skinny brother (who wants to be buff) about Mark's exercise plan (which I think is great), but when he saw the pics of Mark he was put off by how drawn Mark's face looked..!

Now that I think of it I have met one female Paleo in reality, and she was the worst advertisement you could imagine. Her face was literally ravaged (though my other Paleo friend put this down to her being an endurance athlete).

As AshleyL pointed out above, Mark spent most of his life as a pasta and gatorade pounding ultra-marathon runner. He talks about the physical damage that can do that is permanent. I think he is remarkably healthy given that he had all those years of abusing his body to undo.

I know that I look younger and better at 50 than I did at 40. I only wish I had know about Primal sooner.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    People have always pegged me as younger than my years (same with both my mom and dad, so it's partly genetic), but since giong primal, I seemed to have stopped aging. Two years, ago, people thought that I was 26/27. Today, people think that i'm 26/27. That's two years on primal.

The way that I see it is that I have the opportunity to stack this in my favor. And I'll be honest, when I look at mark and his wife, I see people who look *a lot healthier and younger* than their CW (or other) counterparts.

I wonder, had my parents done something like this when they were my age, would they look even younger? would they have looked younger longer?

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast