Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking visibly aged now, more than expected. page 11

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    He works long hours in a high stress job often on the night shift and switches back and forth between days and nights sometimes IIRC. I think micro-manging his diet is not only missing the forrest, it's looking at a whole separate forrest on another continent.

If he didn't look a big haggard he wouldn't be human. It's also easier to power through sleep disruption and stress when you are a young pup but, knifegill dearest, you are not 22 anymore.
    Yeah, he's the ancient age of 30. His job being stressful is even more of a reason to change a diet that is already elevating his stress levels.

I switch back and forth too, it's not aging me, even if I hate my job and everything about it.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    I'll be honest, the way I worked changed after age 30. I can't do all-nighters anymore, let alone consecutive ones that I could do when in univeristy, and really, up to age 30 or so.

And then I had a kid. I now know why babies are a young person's game. You're not as much as a zombie with the lack of sleep when you are younger.

A friend of mine had a baby at 38, and her prenatal group were all under 25s. A few days after birth, they were all getting together and looking chipper and rested. I had to go and help my friend get sorted to go for coffee. She was a disaster.

I remember feeling like that disaster.

When I look at younger women having babies, they are so relaxed. They sleep with the baby and it doesn't affect their energy levels (and this is with TERRIBLE diets). THey look all kinds of fresh and chipper and not at all tired or haggard. And, it could be because -- unlike my friend and I -- they had a lot of help from family/friends, or it could be just that they were younger.

I was exhausted the first year with DS. Absolutely wrecked, and often looked like a train wreck as well. Looked aged, too.

And hten once I was getting more sleep (like today -- since the kid sleeps well for about 12 hrs), i started to look normal and younger again.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    Have you read this? May be of interest - Nutrition for Healthy Skin: Silica, Niacin, Vitamin K2, and Probiotics

He says that certain people can't process Vit K2, so they wrinkle more easily. Maybe that's the problem? If it is, I have no idea if it can be solved.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Yeah, he's the ancient age of 30. His job being stressful is even more of a reason to change a diet that is already elevating his stress levels.

I switch back and forth too, it's not aging me, even if I hate my job and everything about it.
    30 is when it stops being easy. Yeah I suppose he should just start powering down mega doses of caffein, soda, and candy and his skin will look like a baby's. Right?

Mine does

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Hugs to you, Judy. Our smell sensory can have a very strong affect on us.... For me, it's a stranger lighting a craven A cigarette ---- reminds me of my mom....
    Big hug, Dear Louisa love in my heart for you!!!
    Hope your holiday trip is awesome, safe travels.

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    Mine does
    I wanna see.

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I wanna see.
    Lazy

Have a picture of my sugary hair in its place

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnivara View Post
    Any time you lose a lot of weight you will look older. The skin was stretched tight from the excess fat.
    I disagree. I dropped a lot of fat and I do not look a lot older. Granted, I'm 26 and my fat loss was more on the lines of 20 lbs of fat lost (while adding 15 lbs of muscle back on), but it's not even funny how much better I look these days. People look haggard with weight loss because they don't do it right. They don't eat enough calories, they don't eat enough fat or carbohydrate (one is typically restricted), or the fat or carbohydrate they do get is from poor sources. If you're eating a lower calorie diet made up of just meat and vegetables, sure you'll lose weight quickly, but you'll really pay the price for such a restrictive diet. Your body wants a little bit of everything. It doesn't like spending long periods of time surviving off secondary metabolic processes. Give it good quality fats, good quality carbohydrates and good quality proteins and you'll lose the weight in the least stressful way - it won't have to convert something excess into something it doesn't need. Low fat diets have too many carbs, low carb diets have too many fats - give it a moderate amount of everything and you'll be happiest.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I'm 26 and my fat loss was more on the lines of 20 lbs of fat lost (while adding 15 lbs of muscle back on)
    You losing 20 lbs at 26 is FAR different from someone over 35 losing 50 plus lbs. Your skin loses elasticity... it can be a mess. I don't look haggard or anything, but my face and neck is looser and the skin on my arms is awful. I agree that you need to lose slowly and easily, but at some point, you skin just does not rebound. In my 20's I went from 300 lbs to 220 or so and there was no issue with sagging skin. 210 to 175 has been FAR worse to the point that my arms will need surgery for excess skin. I think a lot relates to sun damage- good about sunscreen on my face and areas that don't get the sun are tightening up, but my arms are just not good skin anymore. It even looks different than the skin on say, my legs.

I was at a party yesterday and saw 2 HCG weightloss people and I will say I looked better than both of those people. My friends husband has put back on weight and looks better (he looked deflated for a while). The other woman is also putting weight back on and it is headed right to her tummy.

As for aging, stress is killer- be it from kids or work. I refuse to stress myself out over work. Fuck that. But it's really hard in today's environment to refuse to work so hard that you can't care for yourself. I don't think the employer gets that the upside of allowing someone to work 40 hours a week is a rested, healthy employee..... but I digress.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast