Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking visibly aged now, more than expected. page 10

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Not a big deal, since 2 lbs of cherries only contains around 31 gram of fructose, and you are eating them during the day and not in a sitting. Not that it should matter anything at all to eat them in one sitting either...

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Cherries, sour, red, raw
    Lol, okay maybe I was exaggerating with the fructose g amount. And yes, it would be in one sitting, unfortunately. I just feel uncomfortable eating 700 calories in pure fruits, and then wanting to eat a crapload more afterward because it does nothing to quell my appetite.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Well, I can't digest starch at the moment (tried too, and still peeing out of my butt today), but I'll definitely cut back on the massive protein intake. As long as my mood doesn't suffer, that is.
    Start slowly. It's a gut bacteria population issue. Buy a good probiotic pill and eat your starch along with a good quality whole milk Greek yogurt or a glass of kefir. It should really help you in the beginning and after months, your gut should repopulate. Also, maybe you'd be better off starting with fruit instead of starch. Something like a banana may be superior to a potato because it's only around 1/3 starch. The sugars may be easier for you to digest than a big pile of starch from a potato, and the sugars may better feed your gut. Maybe even start with apples, then move to bananas, then sweet potatoes, then white potatoes. Find something carby and low fiber that you handle best in the fruit and tuber world.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

shousan is offline Junior Member
    choco do you care if the dairy is raw or pasteurized? for example whole fat milk from grass-fed cows, but its pasteurized, good or bad?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shousan View Post
    choco do you care if the dairy is raw or pasteurized? for example whole fat milk from grass-fed cows, but its pasteurized, good or bad?
    Im not Choco but i think that pasteurization is overblown when it comes to ruining the nutrition of the milk. Those with lastose issues might have a hard time digesting it compared to raw but overall it is still quality nutrition. I think added vitamins can be problematic as well.

Also if anyone didnt know, cheese aged over 60 days can be raw so load up on some good sharp chedders.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shousan View Post
    Raw is best, but it's hard to find. Homogenization as far as I can tell is the absolute worst. If you can find a grassfed slow-pasteurized milk that is non-homogenized, that would be good quality IMO. I don't really drink milk so it's not a staple by any means. The more you drink it, the more you want to make sure you're getting good stuff because the bad stuff adds up fast if it's a staple.

Sometimes when I make ice cream for friends as a dessert, I'll just get a small pint of regular whole milk for 99 cents. But again, it's not a staple. It's not even once a week. Maybe once a month. If I drank it every day, I'd be getting at a minimum grassfed milk.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    My dad was a manly man and had gorgeous skin with few wrinkles.
    My mom had convinced him to use her oil of olay after each shave.
    I can smell it today and smile while holding back tears.

Sunnivara is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    Just by observation, the people who follow a primal/peleo eating diet consistently do age rapidly I ran into someone who I havent seen in years, he dropped a lot weight, but looked about 10 years older.
    Any time you lose a lot of weight you will look older. The skin was stretched tight from the excess fat. Remove the fat and the previously over-stretched skin sags and wrinkles. It doesn't matter how the weight is lost. Nothing to do with protein or primal.
    If you're young the skin will eventually tighten up but if you're older you're likely going to have to live with permanent wrinkles and sags as long as the weight stays down.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamra Byrne View Post
    Oftentimes, stress is what leads to us looking more aged than we really are. Do you laugh a lot? Do you find time to relax? Maybe through meditation, a long walk in the woods, or even just conscious breathing?
    He works long hours in a high stress job often on the night shift and switches back and forth between days and nights sometimes IIRC. I think micro-manging his diet is not only missing the forrest, it's looking at a whole separate forrest on another continent.

If he didn't look a big haggard he wouldn't be human. It's also easier to power through sleep disruption and stress when you are a young pup but, knifegill dearest, you are not 22 anymore.

Zach is offline Banned
    Diet is without a doubt the biggest factor in health. With the right diet you can overcome and manage ridiculous amounts of stress. With the wrong diet, the slightest stressors can send you into a tailspin.

Although im not saying that getting a normal sleep schedule going would not be very helpful.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    My dad was a manly man and had gorgeous skin with few wrinkles.
    My mom had convinced him to use her oil of olay after each shave.
    I can smell it today and smile while holding back tears.
    Hugs to you, Judy. Our smell sensory can have a very strong affect on us.... For me, it's a stranger lighting a craven A cigarette ---- reminds me of my mom....
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast