Thread: to much protein? page

cariboo87 is offline Junior Member

to much protein?

Quick question, is there such thing as to much protein on paleo?

I am a fairly big guy trying to lose the flab but have always been in the gym alot, have alot of muscle and dont want to lose it. So with working out, cardio and such and eating alot of protein will that affect my fat loss

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    at some point, the protein can be converted into glucose, which can interrupt fat loss if you're trying to be in ketosis. it would be better to hit the .75-1.5g/lb of lean mass recommendation and just fill up on fats rather than protein. that would be to keep you muscles lean and strong.
    if you're looking at keeping them big and bulky, you'll need to replenish your glycogen. same protein recommendation, but eat some carbs after you hit the iron.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cariboo87 View Post
    Quick question, is there such thing as to much protein on paleo?

I am a fairly big guy trying to lose the flab but have always been in the gym alot, have alot of muscle and dont want to lose it. So with working out, cardio and such and eating alot of protein will that affect my fat loss
    Flab equaling skin? or just excess fat?

Primal Rob has pretty much told you what you need to know to gauge your protein intake

I will only add that you could look at your vitamin D levels and make certain you are not over working the muscles which can lead to inflammation that looks like real flab but isnt.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You'll still need protein to maintain muscle mass. I would not recommend trying to create a calorie deficit at the expense of protein intake if you're trying not to lose muscle mass.