Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ladies- 5x5 StrongLifts? page 2

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I think I have protein vary anywhere between 80 and 200+. If I do less, I am not a happy person - in my CW days that lead to a horrid results (I had something of a 70% carbs/15% protein, <10% fat thing going).

To be honest, I am pretty sure I just reached my ceiling. I am more interested in not hurting my wrist every few sessions, hypertrophy and overall high spirit.

I am trying that idea of 10 reps from 4 hour body book, where I warm up dynamically, go immediately to a relatively heavy lift for 2-3 reps, than do 7 very slow rep to reach as near a failure point as possible with a free weight. I jump rope in between. I am sure as hell gaining weight, not sure how much is muscle.

Just like sakura_girl I reduced the # of workouts per week. I do lifting every third day, and 1 or 2 sessions of support one-sided work with pulleys and KBs, again, per 4 Hour body.

3-4
    NDF, could you comment on re-comp results if you invested enough time into the program to comment?

Because I am really, really tired of hurting the wrist, I am not sure if I want to continue with the strength-based lifting so hypertrophy style lifting is very tempting in combination with more intense swimming. Kindda joints saving approach, I guess.
    I am pondering a new lifting ideas for the new year, and the only thing I know is that I would like to train Olympic lifts with the PT, keep my beloved KBs, but not sure what to do about the 5 main lifts.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-27-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    NDF, could you comment on re-comp results if you invested enough time into the program to comment?
    At the time, I was following a workout from the program called "Venus Index" which focuses on building an x-shaped body. I was also following a LG eating pattern, with higher carb "refeeds" only on workout days and was eating at or slightly below maintenance on non lifting days. I was also only lifting 2x a week.

I saw really good improvements. There are rep ranges that are specifically for hypertrophy(ie muscle growth). Those less than 8 reps generally aren't conducive to hypertrophy. Of course you also have to eat to support muscle growth and progress in your lifts(either in amount lifted or reps lifted).

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's what I thought as well (or more correctly read about everywhere), but 4 Hour Body was using the BBS protocol with 7 lifts to failure. I am not sure there is such a huge difference between 7 and 8, but I see the difference between 1 set and the 3-4 sets.

I will see if I can look up Venus Index, it sounds intriguing.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12